Monday, April 1, 2013

Merry Monday 56

DSCF3673

Happy Monday, peeps!  I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!  Lesley has a very intriguing sketch for us today at Merry Monday:

I resisted the urge to flip it, and stayed true to the original sketch, using some pretty MME papers, gold glimmer paper,  and some vintage-themed Christmas stamps:

MM56-LeAnne

I got my color inspiration from the Festive Friday challenge for this week, which is aqua, blush, and gold:

I stamped directly on the designer paper with Blush Blossom ink

DSCF3675

and did some gold heat embossing for my sentiment:

DSCF3676

I hope you’ll check out the other beautiful creations that our designers made—you can see them at Lesley’s blog, Always Playing with Paper.  Share your creation with us as well, and get a head start on your Christmas cards!

Cassidy pushing Mommy on the swing….and giving her a hug!

DSCF3657

DSCF3654

DSCF3661

Enjoy your day!

17 comments:

~amy~ said...

super fun, love the glitz and your cute pictures!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Beautiful! Love the pops of gold.
It looks like a perfect Easter day to me. We were cold, windy with a bit of snow mixed in.

Frenchie said...

ooh so Priceless !!! sweet,
and your card is vary BEAUITIFUL ,
hugs frenchie
love Cassady at her Easter hunt !! like a pro !! lol ....

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! Love how you made the banners with different papers and your gold cord!
Cute pictures of Cassidy & her Mommy on Easter. TFS
Have a wonderful week! :)

Bonnie said...

I love your paper, the colors with the sparkly gold and how you stayed true to the sketch. It worked beautifully!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Awww.....what a sweet picture of Cassidy hugging her mom.
I like your card. I won't think of these colours for a Christmas card at all. You put it together beautifully. This is a fun sketch.

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Oh wow, this is SO pretty! I love how you combined our colours, and what a neat layout - way to go staying true to the sketch; I would have struggled with that!

Thanks for playing with us at Festive Friday!

Susan Joyce said...

Gorgeous vintage detail and colours LeAnne.

Geri said...

The colors look gorgeous together here, LeAnne!!! Beautiful choice of papers for the layout! Thanks so much for sharing with us at FF!!

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card LeAnne, I love the soft colours and the added glitter.

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I so admire how you can do vintage, bold, CAS - everything. It's so tough to do all of them, but you do them all so well. I love the mix of pink with the glitter paper and that sketch if fabulous... but nothing is as precious as that photo of "the kiss"
hugs
jaydee

Ann Schach said...

Gorgeous! Simply gorgeous, LeAnne!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Another beautiful card LeAnne with your pretty papers! Love the vintage feel of the colours you've used. I wasn't brave enough to keep the keep as it is -but you've nailed it!

Marie Bingaman said...

I LOVE the colors in your card! GORGEOUS! :)

Lauren said...

Wow, these colours are so different from what I usually associate with Christmas, but they work so well. Such a beautifully elegant card.

Margaret Moody said...

Your card is just gorgeous, LeAnne! I admire your determination to not flip the sketch (as I did)! Beautiful colors combo and a great mix of patterns too!

Allisa said...

Gorgeous card, love the gold additions!