Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Welcome to the Neighborhood

After reading Shawn's post here, I realized that I, too,have new neighbors.....which is a relative thing, since I live in a rural area and technically, they are 1/4 mile away.  But still, they are neighbors, so I made some Banana Pineapple bread to take to them.  Of course you can't have naked bread, so I dressed it up a little and made them a card to go along with it!

Fresh baked I used PTI's Holiday Treats set, along with some Autumn Vine DP and Creamy Caramel & Chocolate Chip cardstock.

Welcome card 2

I feel like I rushed too much on this card, as I am getting ready to go to work.....I see my squares aren't lined up evenly, my coloring is not the best....hopefully the recipient won't mind!  But I hate to send out something that's not my best!  TFL and have a great day!  Off to work!
LeAnne

  • Stamps:  Autumn Whimsey, Gina K; So Many Sayings, retired SU
  • Paper:  Naturals Ivory & White, Autumn Vine DP, Sage Shadow, Chocolate Chip
  • Ink:  Basic Brown, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, Sage Shadow
  • Acc:  Nesties, retired Copper Brads, Dimensionals

9 comments:

Vanessa said...

Pretty card. I need to try that banana pineapple bread recipe. . .sounds yummy. I am always looking for new banana bread recipes since i seem to always have very ripe bananas in my kitchen :)

Tammy Hershberger said...

What a yummy, sweet gift! That bread sounds really good, and looks fabulous now that it's not naked! Adorable card, too!

Donna Baker said...

I like your card & homebaked goodness is always appreciated! thanks for visiting my blog today!

Denise Marzec said...

"naked bread"...hehe, that made me laugh out loud. AWESOME gift for your new neighbors...except now I'm hungry!! It looks delicious.

Anonymous said...

I always know where the bad spots are in my cards. Just know that those people are either A) total hogs that will dive on the bread like a badger on a peanut or B) be ecstatic that this is something you MADE!!!!

Put me in the B class. No. Make that the A class....no...uh.....never mind.

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

Love it!! I'm sure your neighbors will be so thankful. Mine were shocked and thrilled. Guess I was the only one to welcome them with food?!?! Love the card and agree with Dana ...we always see the "goofs" on our own creations ...the recipients are just happy to have a beautiful hand-made card!!

Jetstudio Designs said...

What a great card! The bread looks yummy too, can you send some my way?? Can you share the recipe? I love pineapple and it sounds great!!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet neighbor you are! I love your label & card. I think they lined up nicely - or as my friend used to say "if you can't see it from a galloping horse, it's OK!!" :-)
TFS!!
Kim

Julia Aston said...

what a great way to wrap your bread and what a nice treat for a new neighbor!