Saturday, October 4, 2008

For a Special Friend

I won't have much time to stamp today so I thought I would share a little gift I recently made for a new blog friend! (Hi Elaine!)  She placed an on-line order through my Stampin'Up! demonstrator website, and I wanted to thank her.  She lives in Washington and I live in Pennsylvania!!!  Imagine that---and we have been getting to know each other a little bit at a time!  I made her a card folder from one sheet of cardstock folded in half, then folded up from the bottom.  I made four cards using Best Wishes & More, kind of staying with the same design and DP, but using different ink colors and images.  Then I decorated the front & tied it off with some ribbon.  This is the kind of project that could be really embellished to the hilt, or left simple as I did. It would be a great stamp camp project---might just have to do that!  Anyway, since she let me know she received it, I can share it with you now:

Elaine's Folder Front Here's the front of the folder.  I used Autumn Vine, More Mustard & Baja Breeze for my cardstock choices.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Elaine's Folder Open Here's the folder open with the cards and envelopes (stamped also!).

 

 

Elaine's Card 1 And here are the cards.  This is just such a versatile set, I had loads of fun making these cards!  TFL!

 

 

 

Elaine's Card 2

Elaine's Card 3 Elaine's Card 4

11 comments:

Ethel Amutan said...

These are really lovely. The simplicity of the design of each card is refreshing; and it makes the eye focus on a sharp, crisp single image. Wonderful idea! Well done!

Stacy said...

I love these! I didn't even note this set when looking through the catalog, but as soon as I saw you wonderful designs I had to go look up the set. Wow, what simple, but wonderful designs you can make with this set. Thanks for sharing!

Jetstudio Designs said...

Very pretty cards, the colors are wonderful!! I love how you used that set!

Juanita said...

These are fantastic cards, I might CASE these.
I just ordered Best Whishes & More because of the leaf image you used last week on a color throwdown card.

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

This is amazing, LeAnne!! I love the folder and the great cards. Just like several others, I didn't even take notice of this set until you made some things with it. You always have a knack for picking out the best "all purpose" sets in the catty!! We should place our first orders together when the next one releases!! Then I won't waste any time buying the best sets. haha!!

Elaine M said...

And what a suprise I received when I opened the envelope - not only did I get a mini-catalog BUT a great set of cards in a wonderful folder --- The pictures are nice, but I gotta tell you, the real thing is better. To make it even nicer, she placed a little stamp in the corner of the envelope that matched the card...really set it off.

But better than getting a surprise goody, I'm getting to know a very special and loving lady...she's the best

Tracy said...

What a great idea, love seeing what you come up with everytime I visit

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

What a wonderful gift set! Love the papers you chose...beautiful colours and card designs!

Denise Marzec said...

These are beautiful, LeAnne!

Anonymous said...

These are very pretty, LeAnne! You did a wonderful job making these! WOW!!

Anonymous said...

I love all of your cards LeAnne! I love the simplicity and crisp design of each of them. What a wonderful gift.