Friday, October 17, 2008

A Little Bit O'Plaid

I needed some congratulations cards and yesterday's SCS challenge was to use plaid.  Today's challenge was to use only one DP, some blue in your card, and eyelets and ribbon.  And Sharon Johnson's challenge today was to use only a sentiment or background stamp on your card, no picture!  So I came up with a little set here:

10-17-08 challenge

I can't honestly say that any of these make me jump up and down with excitement.....I think it is because the blue in the plaid, even though it is SU, doesn't really match any of the SU blues.....not Bashful, not Soft Sky, and not Baja Breeze.  It's a little frustrating, because they usually coordinate fairly well.  I think they're just too plain--even for me!  But onward I stamped.......and made another one. This one qualifies for Sharon's and yesterday's challenges only, because I used the flip side of the DP as a little accent. 

  • Stamps:  Say it with Scallops, Boho Backgrounds
  • Paper:  Sahara Sand, VV, Bashful Blue, Kraft
  • Ink:  Sahara Sand, Bashful Blue
  • Acc:  Paper Piercer, Blue Eyelets, Cropadile, Vanilla Grosgrain, Dimensionals

Now I LOVE this one---sweet, simple, cool colors, and a little bit o' bling on my die-cut flower!   I wish you could see the bright color IRL--much better than this photo!

ssnotime 57

I used Papertrey stamps and some DP from K & Company's Small Wonders Boy Mat Pack.  The flower die cut is SU's new Birds & Blooms, and I used my Nesties for the sentiment.  Sugar-coated brad is from Doodlebug Designs.  I actually broke into my PTI Aqua Mist cardstock for the card (why do I hoard it?) and used Soft Sky for the scallop.

  • Stamps:  Green Thumb, Paper Tray
  • Paper:  WW, K & Co. Small Wonders Boy, Soft Sky, Aqua Mist by PTI
  • Ink:  Certainly Celery
  • Acc:  Nesties, Bird & Blooms Die, Sugar-coated brad, Dimensionals

Finally, a fun little project I found yesterday while visiting Margaret's blog.  She made a cute little box using the envelope die cut.  Hers is much more elaborate than mine, but since I still have Laura's Sissix I am trying to use it as much as possible before I return it!  So very quickly (honest!) before Stamp Camp last night, I cut out four envelopes from Tangerine Tango and literally threw this together.......I didn't put much thought into it, but for a quickie, I thought it came out cute:

Halloween Die Cut Envelope Box

You can't tell, but there are orange-creme-filled Oreos inside the bag, which was stamped with Stazon.  Very quick project and lots of fun! 

  • Stamps:  Holiday Blitz, IBBG
  • Paper:  Tangerine Tango, Ghostly Greetings DP, Kiwi Kiss, WW
  • Ink:  Black Stazon, Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss
  • Acc:  Envelope Die Cut, Cello Bag, Ribbon from Mike's

Thanks for visiting---have a great Friday!

 

9 comments:

craftsbyjodi said...

I LOVE THIS!! Was it hard to make?? I miss all the yummy things in America!! I'm really feeling home sick lately and really missing my mom.

Elaine M said...

Love your plaid cards - so crisp and clean. The Papertrey green was just yummy. I'll bet your hooked on the cutter now and will have one in the very near future - all it takes is using one.

Janine said...

Hi there... Thanks for visiting. Your card for Sharon's SS challenge is lovely!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oh my gosh, what a lot in one post, one day -- you have been BUSY!!! I love them all. Your Triple Challenge cards are all fabulous and I LOVE them!!! The next that you prefer is also adorble, so nicely done, and your Halloween Treat Box is over the top!!!! What great projects -- Thanks so much for sharing!!! So glad you could play!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Awesome work, LeAnne! You have been busy! (Orange-creme Oreos.... YUM!)

Renee said...

These are all wonderful projects! I love the plaid paper and the papertrey images and the cute box! Awesome :)

Heather said...

What beautiful matching cards, I am making sets of cards at the moment for Christmas presents, so I am going to borrow your ideas for sure.

Bee's Zen Garden said...

I don't know where it comes from, but I love plaid, it makes me happy...is that weird? ;-)

Julia Aston said...

Love the blue with gray plaid cards and the Halloween treat back is so fun!!