I needed some congratulations cards and yesterday's SCS challenge was to use plaid. Today's challenge was to use only one DP, some blue in your card, and eyelets and ribbon. And Sharon Johnson's challenge today was to use only a sentiment or background stamp on your card, no picture! So I came up with a little set here:
I can't honestly say that any of these make me jump up and down with excitement.....I think it is because the blue in the plaid, even though it is SU, doesn't really match any of the SU blues.....not Bashful, not Soft Sky, and not Baja Breeze. It's a little frustrating, because they usually coordinate fairly well. I think they're just too plain--even for me! But onward I stamped.......and made another one. This one qualifies for Sharon's and yesterday's challenges only, because I used the flip side of the DP as a little accent.
- Stamps: Say it with Scallops, Boho Backgrounds
- Paper: Sahara Sand, VV, Bashful Blue, Kraft
- Ink: Sahara Sand, Bashful Blue
- Acc: Paper Piercer, Blue Eyelets, Cropadile, Vanilla Grosgrain, Dimensionals
Now I LOVE this one---sweet, simple, cool colors, and a little bit o' bling on my die-cut flower! I wish you could see the bright color IRL--much better than this photo!
I used Papertrey stamps and some DP from K & Company's Small Wonders Boy Mat Pack. The flower die cut is SU's new Birds & Blooms, and I used my Nesties for the sentiment. Sugar-coated brad is from Doodlebug Designs. I actually broke into my PTI Aqua Mist cardstock for the card (why do I hoard it?) and used Soft Sky for the scallop.
- Stamps: Green Thumb, Paper Tray
- Paper: WW, K & Co. Small Wonders Boy, Soft Sky, Aqua Mist by PTI
- Ink: Certainly Celery
- Acc: Nesties, Bird & Blooms Die, Sugar-coated brad, Dimensionals
Finally, a fun little project I found yesterday while visiting Margaret's blog. She made a cute little box using the envelope die cut. Hers is much more elaborate than mine, but since I still have Laura's Sissix I am trying to use it as much as possible before I return it! So very quickly (honest!) before Stamp Camp last night, I cut out four envelopes from Tangerine Tango and literally threw this together.......I didn't put much thought into it, but for a quickie, I thought it came out cute:
You can't tell, but there are orange-creme-filled Oreos inside the bag, which was stamped with Stazon. Very quick project and lots of fun!
- Stamps: Holiday Blitz, IBBG
- Paper: Tangerine Tango, Ghostly Greetings DP, Kiwi Kiss, WW
- Ink: Black Stazon, Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss
- Acc: Envelope Die Cut, Cello Bag, Ribbon from Mike's
Thanks for visiting---have a great Friday!