Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Color Throwdown Challenge 15

CTD15 Banner

For this week's challenge, Broni highlights some beautiful fall colors:  So Saffron, Kiwi Kiss, Really Rust & Chocolate Chip.  I can smell autumn in all these colors!

CTD15 Swatch

I had been wanting to do a card using Sketch Challenge 194 from a few weeks ago, and I thought this would be a great time!  I found an assortment of DP's, stamped and colored this sweet daisy and vase image from Asela Hopkins' Flowers for Daisy, did a tiny little bit of paper piecing and finished it off with some twill.  I did not put a sentiment on it; I'll put that on when I send the card.  You can't see it in the photo, but I used a sparkly Jelly Roll pen on the water & vase, and in the centers of the flowers.   Hope you like it!

Color Throwdown 15-2

  • Stamps:  Flowers for Daisy, Gina K; Itty Bitty Backgrounds
  • Paper:  So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, Shimmery White, Bella Rose DP, Autumn Vine DP, Basic Grey Two Scoops & Lily Kate
  • Ink:  Basic Brown, So Saffron, Really Rust, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze
  • Acc:  Nesties, Twill from Taylored Expressions, So Saffron Marker, Gelly Roll pen

Now let's see what you can come up with!!   Leave a comment at the Color Throwdown blog, linking your creation.  If you don't have these exact colors, just use something similar.  If you post on SCS, be sure to use the keyword CTD15.  Let's see what the other CTD designers have come up with:

Thanks for visiting!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very, very pretty, LeAnne! Love the colors and that beautiful flower vase image! Nice job on the challenge!
Have a great day!
Wendy

Cathy Rulli said...

so pretty - love the color of that ribbon!!!! tfs

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! I love all the color blocking you're doing lately with the designer paper! And the vase of flowers is lovely!

Kisa Peters said...

I love the card - it is gorgeous!

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

LeAnne, this is gorgeous! I love the coloring and the stamp set you used. I still have that one too and break it out often!

Kay Kalthoff said...

My Goodness! That is just a GORGEOUS card!! Those colors just make it pop! TFS!

Broni said...

LATE...that's me with my commenting! Sorry! I LOVE your card! I also love the color blocking you've been doing with DP lately. Very cool!

Darlene said...

Sorry I didn't get around to commenting earlier ... this is gorgeous!!! I always enjoy your work and LOVE your comments! Keep up the good work!!!