Monday, October 20, 2008

Creative Corner Christmas

I participated in Our Creative Corner's challenge yesterday, which was this sketch:

OCC 10-18-08 sketch2

I had been wanting to play with my Crafty Secrets Vintage Christmas set, PLUS I got one of the new 6x6 scrapblock stamps from Cornish Heritage Farms, Aged Sheet Music, so I decided to combine the two:

OCC Ho Ho Ho 10-18-08

I really would have liked to have added a couple more embellishments to this: ribbon, or something; but at midnight, I just couldn't think straight to come up with anything! So this is how it will stay! I added some stamping to the inside as well:

OCC inside

The clear set really stamped a nice clear image; I was quite impressed! And the 6x6 is wonderful because you don't have to worry if your image is not going to cover the whole cardfront. Great products!








  • Stamps: Vintage Christmas, Crafty Secrets; Aged Sheet Music, CHF
  • Paper: VV, Bravo Burgundy, Kraft, Mellow Moss
  • Ink: Bravo Burgundy, Mellow Moss, Sahara Sand
  • Acc: Tag Punch, Antique Brad, Linen Thread, Daubers

8 comments:

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

LeAnne, this is beautiful! I love Crafty Secrets .... and your vintage style!!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow LeAnne, this is amazing. I just love those stamped images and that color combo compliments them so well.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Lovely! The strip of music across the top is a nice touch!

Barbara said...

LeAnne, I absolutely LOVE this card. I love vintage Santas and you've done this so well. I'm going to have to copy it, so I'd best go shopping, LOL!!!

Rhonda Kelly said...

Just fabulous! I love that whimsical little Santa! So cute, thanks for sharing.

Lisa Kind said...

I really like those vintage Santa images! Your card is lovely!

Kathleen said...

I actually ahhhhhed aloud when I saw this---it's really beautiful---I'm not sure I could give it away if I'd made it!!! WOW~

Kay Kalthoff said...

Gorgeous, goreous, gorgeous!! Need I say more? lol! Great job, LeAnne!