Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Color Throwdown Challenge 14

CTD14 banner

Today's Color Challenge is from Tammy and it is a real eye-opener:  Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss & Taken with Teal! 

CTD14 swatch

At first I thought I would have a difficult time with these, but they are great Halloween colors, so I had just the set in mind!  My upline had a meeting on Saturday and one of the demonstrators, Sue Selfridge, demo'ed this cute card.  I call it a teepee card because it reminds me of a little Indian teepee!!  Perhaps you have seen it around; it was new to me!  I hope to have the directions either later today or tomorrow.  It is quite easy, but it helps to have visuals.  So here is my card for the challenge:

CTD14 teepee card 2

CTD14 teepee card 1

You can see in the photo above that the lower corner of the panel tucks into a little slot so you can actually unfold the card & mail it in an envelope!

CTD14 teepee card 3 

Below is how the card looks unassembled; the star is on a toothpick and just sits inside the top; it is not attached.

Teepee Card open CTD14

The images are from a little teeny Hero Arts set, and it came with some little rhinestones---just too cute!  I also used some images from the Crafty Secrets Vintage Halloween set.  The basics of the card are simple:  three squares of cardstock, cut all the same size, are scored and folded diagonally.  This card used 3 1/2" squares; a 4" size will still fit into a standard envelope.  Then the squares are attached as shown and when the two outer panels overlap, it forms a little stand-up teepee!  The star was made by taking a square of Basic Black cardstock, coating it with Versamark, then heat-embossing it with Iridescent Ice EP; after it cooled, I punched out two stars and glued them back to back to a toothpick with Crystal Effects & let it dry overnight.  Again, I'll try to have some photos & instructions later on!

So now, let's see what you can come up with for this awesome color challenge!  If you don't have the exact colors, just substitute something close!  Go to the Color Throwdown blog, post a link in the comment screen or post it on SCS, using CTD14 as the keyword!  Now lets see what the other designers have come up with:

  • Stamps:  Hero Arts Happy Haunting, Crafty Secrets Vintage Halloween, IBBG, Spunky Spots Wheel
  • Paper:  Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango, Taken with Teal, Shimmery White, Basic Black, Versamark
  • Ink:  Stazon, Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango, Taken with Teal
  • Acc:  Rhinestones, Star Punch, Irid Ice EP, Heat Tool, Toothpick, Aquapainter

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGosh LeAnne...these are too stinkin cute!! I love'em!!
Oh and nice job on the challenge! :)

Have a great day!
Wendy

Broni said...

How clever! I love your little images on this adorable card! I definitely have to try one of these!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

LeAnne, this is fabulous! I just love how these colors turned out for your cute teepee card, and your coloring on the images is awesome! Seeing the "above" photo helps a lot... I might have to attempt one of these to display in the store! Customers will love it!

Stacy said...

This is SOOOO cute. I can totally see a Thanksgiving card made out of this! Can't wait to see your instructions.

Juanita said...

Those colors sounded like a real challenge, you make them look fantastic. I'm off to try out this combo....

craftsbyjodi said...

very cute... loving the new cards!!!

Anonymous said...

Boy are you having a good time with the teepee card fold!! Thanks so much for the tutorial. Your the greatest! Wouldn't these be adorable as place cards?????

Lisa Kind said...

LeAnne I don't have time tonight to comment on the last 5 cards or so, but I will make a blanket statement about them...FABULOUS! I really love the teepee cards and the others are just as wonderful! Does that cover them all? (LOL)

Brooke S said...

Leanne,
What a great new card fold I can't wait to give it a try...
Hugs
Brooke