Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Chocolate Tangerine Kisses!

Yum yum, that sounds good!  That is the title of today's SCS Color Challenge.  I thought I would do a "quick, easy" card and use Clean & Simple Sketch Layout #6.  Well, quick & easy quickly deteriorated into long & complicated and then ended by the breakage of my CB "C" plate. What a horrible sound---I won't go into details, it is still usable, but not a pretty sight, either!  So on to the card:

10-07-08 Challenge

I started by cutting a piece of Shimmery White into a card.  I didn't want Shimmery White; I wanted Whisper White, but reached into the wrong folder.  Then I couldn't quite get all my edges to match on the DP pieces; trim, trim, trim; my cutter blade is shot and my new one isn't due here until the 13th.  Grrr!  I embossed the Tangerine Tango piece, then decided to stamp over it with Canvas.  I forgot to wipe off the excess ink, got it all over my fingers and ALMOST on the Shimmery White cardstock.  Okay, finally get it mounted, go to the CB to do the buttons and crack----not paying attention to what plate I am using.  So it is finally done and will go to some lucky recipient on my October birthday list!  Thanks for visiting!!

  • Stamps:  Fresh Cuts, All Holidays
  • Paper:  Shimmery White, Bella Rose DP, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, Tangerine Tango
  • Ink:  White Craft, Tangerine Tango
  • Acc:  White EP, Heat Tool, Button Die, White Gel Pen

8 comments:

Tina said...

Sorry it was so much trouble because it's B=E-A=U=TIFUL!

Juanita said...

I am sorry it was so much work, but I think it is well worth it. It is a very nice take on a C&S layout.

Anonymous said...

Murphy's law -- but you came out the winner. It's a beautiful card.

/p

Elaine M said...

Oh LeAnne - you really earned every bit of paise for this lovely card. Deep breath - now go make another terrific card

Denise Marzec said...

Ugh, I know that cracking sound allllll too well. [raising my hand} I've broken TWO of my B plates already. Luckily they stock them at AC moore now. :)

Your card is beautiful. I've had totally frustrating days like that too where everything that CAN go wrong with a card DOES...BUT, your end result is gorgeous!! Well worth all the work. [hugs] :)

Nancy Riley said...

I LOVE this, LeAnne! You've coordinated all the patterns beautifully!

Tammy Hershberger said...

THAT was the noise I heard yesterday all the way over here in Ohio! You cracked your C plate! You must have some muscle, lady!

Well, the card is absolutely fabulous! I love the different panels, and the wonderful simplicity! And LOVE those button dies! I am going to have to seriously consider ordering that!

Kathleen said...

To be such a pain it sure turned out lovely!! So, at least there's that!