Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Basic Grey Day

Well, a Basic Grey day is not like a typical gray day!  I seriously needed to sit down and mass produce some simple birthday cards as I was running waaaaay behind on my greetings!  So for my guy cards, I pulled out my Boxer DP, the birthday sentiment from Kitchen Sink's 3-Step Daisy, and some Confetti Cream cardstock and went to work.  I haven't pictured all of my samples here, but you get the idea:

Basic Grey Men's Cards

My gals' cards used the same layout, but Lily Kate DP, different cardstock & embellishment:

Basic Grey Women's Cards

To get three cards from one sheet of 6x6 Basic Grey paper, I cut a 4" piece from one side and cut it in half so I had two 4"x3" pieces.  I adhered each piece on to a card in the landscape orientation.  The remaining piece I trimmed to a length of 5 1/4" and adhered it to a card in the portrait orientation.  The sentiments used scraps I cut down to fit the sentiment.  The embellishments were punched out & adhered with dimensionals.  Can't get much easier than this!

  • Stamps:  3-Step Daisy, Kitchen Sink; Best Wishes & More, Boho Backgrounds
  • Paper: Confetti Cream, Confetti White, WW, Almost Amethyst, Basic Grey Boxer & Lily Kate
  • Ink:  Night of Navy, Kiwi Kiss, Garden Green
  • Acc:  Circle Punches, Dimensionals

I also needed a card that was a little more personalized, so I stamped this one:

B's B-day card Of course, her birthday is TODAY!  Nothing like being a tiny little bit late!   Kiwi Kiss is a hard color to photograph! But it is layered on white with Baja Breeze and Not Quite Navy Patterns DP from the Level 1 Hostess Pack.    It's going out in the mail today!

  • Stamps:  Always, Short & Sweet, Pocket Silhouettes
  • Paper:  WW, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Hostess Patterns DP
  • Ink:  Night of Navy, Not Quite Navy
  • Acc:  Circle Punches, Flower Fusion Too, Brad, Dimensionals

Thanks for visiting and be sure to stop back tomorrow for the Color Throwdown Challenge!

6 comments:

Juanita said...

Love those quick cards.
I really like the personalized card, it is lovely. I have been late with all of my cards this fall too.

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

These are fabulous, LeAnne! We all need to have some quick but gorgeous cards on hand. Seems like I can never have too many?!?

Tammy Hershberger said...

Gorgeous! Great job of adding to your "stash!" And love the third card... I just borrowed that Pocket Silhouettes from a friend but haven't had time to play with it yet!

Stacy said...

I love your quick cards. I love how the simplicity of the design showcases the paper and the sentiment. I also loved how you combined several different sets on your more personalized card. Have a beautiful day!

craftsbyjodi said...

i love the bird stamp set... wish we had this in the UK

Elaine M said...

What great easy cards! I'm going to make these to keep on hand....I'm real good at keeping my freinds' card supply up; but when I need a card, there's none left. Think it's time for me to restock MY supply now. Thx for these ideas.