Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I'm Back ----with Color Throwdown #9

I am finally back from vacation, finished my antibiotic treatment and ready to get back to stampin'! I got my humongous SU order and am itching to play with my new toys! This week's Color Throwdown uses some of Stampin' Up!'s gorgeous new In Colors: Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss and an old favorite, Regal Rose.

CTD9 banner

I used a new set that is on sale this month, Pocket Silhouettes! Such sweet images, lots of possibilities for this one!

Color Throwdown 9-b

The card is 6x3", and each image is heat embossed with Craft White ink and white embossing powder. It is accented with the wide Baha Breeze stitched ribbon and a new Silver Filigree brad! Faux stitching with my mat & piercer and the white gel pen mimics the stitching on the ribbon. I inked part of the "thanks so much" sentiment as all the words wouldn't fit!

Now lets see what you come up with! If you don't have these exact colors, just play along with something similar! Link it back to the Color Throwdown blog found here so we can all see your creation, or put it on Splitcoast with "CTD9" in your description! Here's what the other girls have come up with:

  • Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes
  • Paper: Whisper White, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Regal Rose
  • Ink: Baja Breeze, White Craft
  • Acc: Stitched Ribbon, Mat Pack & Piercer, Gel Pen, Silver Filigree Brads, White EP & Heat Tool, Dimensionals

I have jury duty today--can you believe it? Back from vacation and I have to do my civic duty, so no more stamping today! But hopefully tomorrow I can do a challenge or get to play with some more new things! Thanks for visiting!
LeAnne

14 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Oh wow, LeAnne. This card is so soft and pretty. Such a clean and simple design, but with such impact. What a fantastic layout to showcase the colors....and that new silhouette set. :)

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

Welcome back, LeAnne!! This card is gorgeous. I wasn't drawn to this set in the new catty, but have seen many amazing cards with it ...I'm adding it to my next order!! I hope to have time to play along with the CTD9 challenge this afternoon. ~smo

Anonymous said...

I love this card sooo much!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, girl!! I kept checking your blog to see if you were back yet. LOL Your card today is simply beautiful! I can tell your well rested and ready to take on all those new goodies from SU!! I love that your images match the new Baja Breeze ribbon! How cool!

Have a great day even if you do have jury duty! LOL
Wendy

Broni said...

Love this card, LeAnne! I love the cool color panels and the ribbon treatment!

Anonymous said...

You card certainly fooled me. I thought you had stitched everything! I've checked your blog daily and was getting upset by your disappearance. Did you get my card? It should have arrived on the exact day you LEFT!! Waaaaaaa.

Anonymous said...

oooo what a pretty and easy card LeAnne! I love it. ~Donna

Stacey Schafer said...

i'd like to play in your color throw down challenge, too! love your card...pocket silhouettes is one of my favs! thanks for your sweet comments on my blog! you're very talented yourself:)

Nancy Riley said...

BEAUTIFUL job, Leanne! LOVE this! The embossing is terrific and that paper piercing is perfect!

mueppi said...

Wow....... Leanne
your card is so pretty!
I love yyour sweet colours!
Hugs Gisela

Haylie said...

I'm so glad you're back! I love this card...very pretty! I can't wait to try these colors!!!

Sherri said...

That is just so so pretty!

Brooke S said...

Love it! Love it! Love it! I almost use the same stamps on Kristina's color Challenge.... Get layout so elegant.
hugs
Brooke

Tammy Hershberger said...

LeAnne, this is just awesome! I love the simple design but it's so elegant, too! You really rocked the colors!

Glad you're back but now I can't be as lazy any more about checking in!