Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Double Challenges

Well, I finally got to do the color challenge at SCS today, and as a bonus, used the Pink Cat sketch from Tammy's blog!  Woohoo!  I really had fun making this card....no pressure, used some new rubber, some old rubber, my nesties, CB folders, just a lot of fun.  What stampin' should be!

09-30-08 Challenge

The card is pretty straightforward; the image was paper pieced; I sponged on some additional Chocolate Chip on the trunk to make it darker, as well as the ribbon.  I love this paper, but hadn't been able to make it work with anything, so the challenge was perfect!  TFL!

  • Stamps:  Making the Grade (Kim Hughes), CHF; Wonderful Wishes, Verve Visual
  • Paper:  Baja Breeze, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Confetti White, Autumn Vine DP
  • Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Really Rust
  • Acc: CB Folder Just My Type; Punches & Nesties, Mike's Grosgrain Ribbon, SU Buttons, thread, glue dots

7 comments:

Broni said...

OMG, LeAnne! This is what I call a perfect card! Beautiful use of colors, great layout and perfect embellishments! Can you tell I love it??

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

LeAnne, this is stunning!! I LOVE the buttons on the tree!! Fabulous! Love the CB'd buttons down the side, too!

Anonymous said...

I'm copying the picture and saving it for future reference. That is an awesome card. I haven't been around due to me being flat on my back with a twisted spinal injury. Thank God I pre-dated a lot of posts on my blog. Today I'm kinda sitting up and using my laptop.

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, LeAnne! This is SWEET!!!!!!! That tree is my ultimate favorite, and I LOVE this color combo! Great card!

Stacy said...

Cute as a button! Those colors are great and I love the paper you chose for piecing.

Denise Marzec said...

Beautifully done! Love every detail, LeAnne.

Juanita said...

It looks like a fun card.