Saturday, September 13, 2008

More Fall Fun

I took a few minutes to participate in the OCC Challenge, which was a sketch.  I needed this--I am having so much trouble putting cards together!  So it was quite helpful.  I was also able to stamp a few images with my new GinaK stamps!  Here is today's challenge submission:

Whimsical Autumn Apple Basket 09-13-08 2

A real fun sketch, and a fun design to water color!

  • Stamps:  Whimsical Autumn, Gina K
  • Paper:  Creamy Caramel, Basic Grey Recess & Boxer,  Watercolor, Garden Green, Riding Hood Red, Choc Chip
  • Ink:  Stazon, lots of Earth Elements, Sahara Sand
  • Acc:  Corner Rounder, Brads, Aquapainter

I finally sewed the little curtains for the inside of my hutch yesterday, and since I had my sewing machine out already, I thought it would be interesting to sew some of the scraps to some cardstock pieces so I would have them at hand if I wanted to play!  So this was my first attempt.  It uses the daisy from Flowers for Daisy, another Gina K stamp:

Flowers for Daisy 9-13-08

  • Stamps:  Flowers for Daisy, Gina K; Essential Sentiments, MFT
  • Paper:  Nat Ivory, Kraft, Shimmery White
  • Ink:  Stazon Black, Sahara Sand, Ruby Red, Bravo Burgundy
  • Acc:  Taupe Ribbon, Small Oval Punch, Scallop Punch, Just my Type CB folder, sponge dauber

And finally, just a fun Halloween card:

Happy Halloween 9-13-08

  • Stamps:  Holiday Blitz, EFP, Seeing Spots
  • Paper:  WW, Ghostly Greetings, Old Olive, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie
  • Ink:  Stazon Black, Pumpkin Pie, Going Gray
  • Acc:  Black Grosgrain, Black Gingham, Pumpkin Pie Marker, Small Square Scallop Punch, 3/4" Square Punch, Eyelets, Nesties, Scallop Punch, Circle Punches, Eyelet Setter, black marker

The orange gingham ribbon was made by coloring the black & white ribbon with a Pumpkin Pie marker and quickly drying it with my heat tool.  A fun way to customize your ribbon colors!!!  Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Oh goodness Leanne, you have been busy! I love love love your watercoloured image on your OCC card...super!
Stitching some scraps onto your card is an awesome idea...love the look!
Your Halloween card is ADORABLE!

Denise Marzec said...

Love what you did with the OCC sketch. I just got my Whimsical Autumn set too...can't wait to get it inky. The second card with the daisy is gorgeous. Love that cuttlebug folder!

Amy Sheffer said...

These are all fantastic cards, Leanne! You've been busy :D Your watercoloring on the GinaK stamps is incredible!! Love the pop of red against the neutral background on the second one, especially. Thanks for playing along with the OCC sketch!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Love your coloring on the apple basket! Love the fabric on the second card... great idea! And LOVE the fun pumpkin card! You have been super-busy! Awesome designs!

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness LeAnne....all these cards are fabulous. Love the layouts on each and the coloring! Perfect!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

LeAnne, each one of these is wonderful. How fun to scroll down and find yet another gorgeous card and another! Wonderful work.

Kathryn said...

WOW -- such beautiful work - I love all your cards! :)

Juanita said...

I love the fabric on the card. All of these are great, as usual.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow! Another stunning collection of your work. LOVE THEM ALL!!