Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Color Throwdown Challenge 12

CTD12 banner

Well, you can tell when the seasons are changing..stampers begin thinking about Christmas and the holidays!  (Of course, I am always thinking about Christmas!) 

CTD12 swatch

Today's colors of Real Red, Old Olive and Kraft (plus Bashful Blue if you want) seemed to want to be made into a Christmas card, so I obliged.  Here is my creation for Color Throwdown Challenge 12; I opted not to use Bashful Blue:

CTD12

I had some Basic Grey Fruitcake Nutcracker DP with close colors, and I broke out my Crafty Secrets Vintage Christmas set.  I added some background stamping right on the DP, added layers of cardstock & ribbon and an snowflake accent made from some shrink plastic.   Not sure that really "matches" this card....have to think about that some more! 

  • Stamps:  Crafty Secrets Vintage Christmas, Snowflake Spot by SU
  • Paper:  Real Red, Old Olive, Kraft, Very Vanilla, BG
  • Ink:  Real Red, Close to Cocoa, Chalk Red
  • Acc:  Distresser, Wide Red Grosgrain, Narrow Olive Grosgrain, Shrink Plastic, Scallop Punch, Heat Tool, 1/8" punch, string, Dimensionals

Now check out what the other Challengers have created:

Thanks for visiting!!

9 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous card. I love the vintage Santa and that awesome paper!

Kathleen said...

This is so beautiful! I love everything about it~the DP, the Santa, the distressed edges....it's lovely!

Broni said...

Just a beautiful card, LeAnne. Love that vintage look!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

What an awesome Vintage Santa image, and I love the snowflake charm! A perfect touch!

Renee said...

I love this! It reminds me of old world santa! Love your colors and your layout to!

Hugs
Renee

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful LeAnne! Your paper and image choices are perfect!

mueppi said...

Your card is so beautiful!
I love the vintage Santa!!!
Hugs Gisela

Juanita said...

Such a sweet vintage card.

Lisa Kind said...

I've always loved this stamp and never got it! Such a pretty card!