Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Color Throwdown 11

CTD11 Banner

Wow, don't you love that banner!  Kisa Peters is our computer whiz, and she surprises us each week with her fun creations!  Thanks Kisa!  And she is our hostess this week as well with this great color combination for Color Throwdown 11:

CTD11 Swatch

I have to admit that at first I did not think I would like these colors together, but as soon as I started playing with them, I decided I LOVE them!  I hope you do too and will play along as well.  Remember to link your creations in your comment, or if you upload to SCS, use the keyword CTD11.  Lots of possibilities for this combo:  So here is mine:

Color Throwdown 11

I have a very busy week ahead of me, so I needed something clean, simple & easy.  In fact, it's probably a little too simple--I think it needs something a little more, but just not sure.  The leaves were stamped, cut out, folded in half and put through a crimper on the diagonal.  I stopped just short of the stem, then took it out.  That gave them just a little added dimension!  Hope you like it, and make sure you check out what the others have come up with:

Thanks for visiting!!!

  • Stamps:  Best Wishes & More, Pocket Silhouttes, Always, Simple Serif Alphabet
  • Paper:  Kraft, Confetti Cream, Old Olive, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip
  • Ink:  Old Olive, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip
  • Acc:  Crimper, Square Scallop Punch, Daubers, Dimensionals

15 comments:

Sharon said...

Another great card, Leanne. I love the simplicity of your card! I like to think of it as understated elegence. This is going into my "great cards to CASE" folder. TFS

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! I love this card sooo much!!

Pat said...

How cute is this card?!! I love the simplicity and cleaness.

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

This card is fantastic, LeAnne! I love the style ...clean and simple. Contrary to what many may think, this is a hard style to pull off. You've done it with flying colors!! I think it's a masterpiece as is!!

Denise Marzec said...

LeAnne! Oh my word, I love your sample for today's challenge. Your layout and leaf choice is just perfect. What a great way to showcase the colors!

Juanita said...

it is perfect the way it is

Acie said...

I love this, i like simple cards that have just the right amount of detail.

Broni said...

Definitely not too simple!! I would call it perfect! I LOVE IT!!!

Deb Neerman said...

WoW! Love the elegant simplicity of this!! I'm ALL about simple ... and this one is a beauty!!!

Love the color combo too ... have to CASE it!

TFS!!

Barbara said...

Great card, LeAnne! Sometimes less really *is* more and this proves it!

JenMarie said...

LOVE this!!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

No, it isn't too simply. This style of card takes a lot of talent to produce--something I just can't do. It is so pretty, and of course I love your colour choice!

Lynn Put said...

I love the clean look of this card!
The images and colors are fantastic!

Cool idea crimping the leaves!

Kathleen said...

LeAnne---THIS IS SOOOOO GREAT! I just love the simplicity and style! Love the colors, too!

dpkennedy said...

I love this simple card! The colors just pop off the kraft cardstock!