Thursday, September 11, 2008

100% Autumn

Well, autumn is definitely in the air here in PA today!  Breezy & cool.  I made some applesauce yesterday with apples from our trees; we didn't get a lot, the birds ate more that we did, I think, but it is nice knowing we grew something and we can enjoy the "fruits".  So I was in an apple-y fall-y mode today.  The SCS challenge today was to use a white gel pen.  My card barely qualifies, but it is there.  I'll let you see if you can find the couple of places I used it:

WT183 9-11-08

Well the obvious place is on the apple!  But I also used it on the little felt leaves I cut from my Felt Fusion Two flowers.  After it dried, I colored the lines in with a Pumpkin Pie marker.  Hard to see, but gives it an interesting look!  All images except the apple are from the Autumn set from Impression Obsession--don't have the actual name.  I love their stamps, they give a nice clear impression.  The background was made by stamping the words repeatedly across the cardstock.  The clear stamps make it easy to do!The apple is from Cornish Heritage Farm's Kim Hughes' Making the Grade.  Thanks to Tammy, I broke down & bought it......I can't wait to play with some of the images, I am so glad I got it!  The ribbon is Riding Hood Red taffeta with the word "fall" stamped on it in Basic Brown ink....messed up on the left side, darn it!  Now I think I'll go eat some applesauce!

  • Stamps:  Autumn, Impression Obsession; Everyday Flexible Phrases, SU; Making the Grade, CHF
  • Paper:  Kraft, Confetti White, Ruby Red, Garden Green, Always Artichoke
  • Ink: Ruby Red, Garden Green, Basic Brown, Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel
  • Acc:  White Gel Pen, PP Marker, RHR taffeta, Nesties, Dimensionals, Felt Fusion Flowers

3 comments:

Juanita said...

It is beautiful. I almost missed the gel pen on the leaves, that is a neat trick

Julia Aston said...

Love the colors you used on this LeAnne! I can just smell the applesauce - how fun to make your own!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Sorry I'm such a bad influence! LOL CUTE card! I love the autumn-y design!