I said in an earlier post that I found Stacey's blog last night and she had a challenge post, her first one:
The colors she challenged us with were Not Quite Navy, Pacific Point, Baja Breeze & Whisper White. The SCS Challenge today was to use specialty paper--something with glitter or flocking or the like. I didn't have any of that, but I sure could add some glitter to paper I had. I also used the Sketch Challenge from last week! So here is my silly little card:
I used a new set called Best Wishes & More, using Baja Breeze and a Wild Asparagus DP (the colors actually match IRL!) that was stamped in Versamark, embossed with Heat & Stick Powder, then DD glitter. I experimented with my new Flower Fusion Too flowers by dying them with Not Quite Navy & Pacific Point ink, mixed with a couple drops of water. It is a fun technique, but very messy! If you have a manicure or are fussy about your nails, wear gloves! Make sure the flower is totally dry before putting it on the card. A little embosser or the tweezers from the Tool Kit are very helpful. I also sponged the edge of the large flower with ink; brads are covered with a mini glue dot & dipped in DD too.
- Stamps: Best Wishes & More, Always
- Paper: WW, Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Wild Asparagus
- Ink: Pacific Point, Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, Craft White
- Acc: Flower Fusion Too Felt Flowers, Silver Brads, Mini Glue Dots, DD Glitter, Heat & Stick Powder, Heat Tool
Well after that, I looked at the inspiration piece again and thought, I want to do another one, using different shades of blue! I had seen on another blog last night (sorry, I can't remember which one to give credit!!) where the negative rubber image from the stamp set was used as a stencil. Now I am sure everybody and their uncles have already thought of that, but of all the pieces I had thrown out prior to assembling this set, none had a really definitive shape. This one had a circle, a leaf and a heart! I could see some possibilities here! Since there was a cute little snowflake in this set, and I just got a new Martha Stewart snowflake punch, that seemed like a fun image to use. Edited to add: I removed the foam from the rubber piece before using it as a stencil!!!
Using my Stamp-a-ma-Jig, I then stamped the snowflake over top each stencil in the same color. I added the sentiment, a little border using the new Cuttlebug Just My Type folder and SU's Scallop Edge punch and finished it off with a snowflake punched from vellum with my MS punch. I daubered it a bit to give it some contrast and added some bling with a rhinestone and DD glitter on the snowflakes. The glitter really doesn't show up, but it's there and it looks so pretty IRL!
I will be trying some other cards using the leaf stencil for fall, too. Thanks for visiting! I feel like these were a real challenge; my mojo must have been left at the Delaware shore! Thanks for hanging in here with me!