Monday, September 15, 2008

All That Glitters

09-15 challenge closeup 2

The last couple days have been very busy and I haven't gotten any stamping done at all!    And although I don't do well stamping late at night, before I went to bed, I really wanted to try this technique of applying glitter with Versamark and Heat & Stick Powder that was today's SCS challenge.  It is messy, but the end results are awesome.  My photography just doesn't capture how really pretty this is!

09-15-08 challenge2-a

The base is Whisper White, front panel is Baja Breeze stamped with Versamark, sprinkled with Heat & Stick powder and then heat set.  The backgrounder is Leaves #3 from Cornish Heritage Farms.  I applied some Fine Cosmo glitter  and heat set it again, then bushed off the excess.  I did the same for the snowflake, which is from SU's Best Wishes & More, except that I stamped it in Craft White.  I mounted it on a plain circle of Baja Breeze and attached it to the card with some retired silver cord.  Very simple but you need something simple with all that glitz! 

Now hopefully tomorrow I will get to play some more and will have some fun stuff to show you!

12 comments:

Elaine M said...

Heat & Stick Powder - I don't believe I've heard about that yet. Is it the same as embossing powder?

Loved your card - even if you made it late at night, your talent still comes shining through.

Anonymous said...

Oh LeAnne..this is so beautiful & sparkly! I love the colors & your background stamp! Awesome job!!!

Have a great day!
Wendy

Pat said...

Very pretty. TFS!

Broni said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Juanita said...

that is incredible. i love your sample, now I may try it...

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Oh WOW!! I love this LeAnne! Amazing results and a fabulous stamp choice! Love the sparkle!

Denise Marzec said...

Awesome card!!

Jean McKenzie said...

LeeAnne, Just gorgeous - love the colour and how it sparkles - Cornish Farms have the most beautiful range of background stamps don't they!

Cheers, Jean

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

LeAnne, this is stunning! Love the monochromatic look. The backgrounder is fabulous. I don't have anything from Cornish Farms yet. Hmm.... ~smo

JenMarie said...

How beautiful, love the sparkle!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Wow LeAnne, this is gorgeous! I'll bet you need sunglasses to look at it in real life!

Pat (mspfd) said...

The glittered background is to die for! Very pretty and elegant card.