Friday, September 12, 2008

More Fall Colors

Daisy Border 9-12-08

I almost forgot to check Stacey's Inspiration Challenge--it is a beautiful challenge, full of fall colors!  She chose Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard, Old Olive & Whisper White as her colors:

 Stacey's Challenge #2

I just received Gina K's "Flowers for Daisy"--first time I ever ordered anything from her, and I am very pleased--especially since she sent M&Ms that say "Thank you"!!! Yum!  So here is my card using that set:

 9-12-08 ssnotime 52

This sketch is CASE'd directly from Tammy; you can see her card here.  It also qualifies for Sharon's Stamp Simply Challenge today! You need to check out her blog, as she is giving away TONS of blog candy!!!   I am not too sure about the shadowing I did--you know how you start to add something and then it doesn't look right, and you add some more to fix it and...well, you get the picture!  I didn't have any little rickrack, and this jumbo rickrack seemed a little too bold, but I toned it down with some Sahara Sand ink.....a little better.  I love sewing on my cards, and now that I have my sewing machine out, maybe I can work on the curtains that I never did a few days ago!

  • Stamps:  Flowers for Daisy, Gina K
  • Paper:  More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Shimmery White, Ghostly Greetings DP, retired Christmas DP
  • Ink:  Stazon Timber Brown, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Sahara Sand, Close to Cocoa, Choc Chip
  • Acc:  Aquapainter, Nesties, Jumbo Rickrack, HPH, Sewing Machine, Sponge Daubers, Dimensionals

I was able to make a quick "clean & simple" card yesterday with Cornish Heritage Farms' "Making the Grade" by Kim Hughes.  This will make a great masculine card and I was able to use up some teeny Basic Grey scraps!  Quick & easy!

Making the Grade 9-12-08

  • Stamps:  Making the Grade, CHF; Happy Everything, SU
  • Paper:  Confetti White, BG scraps
  • Ink:  Stazon Black, Creamy Caramel, Always Artichoke

Have a great day!  Stay tuned for blog candy, coming soon!
LeAnne

11 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Wow, what great cards - both of them!!! The card you cased of Tammy is WONDERFUL!!! I have come to LOVE this layout with the diagonal center line, it's the same layout I used today as well!!! I have a hunch a lot of people might -- LOL!!! Your new stamps and the colors you used are just wonderful -- such a pretty and cheerful card!! And I LOVE your paper pieced Kim Huges leaves -- fabulous job!!! So glad you could play today -- oh, and I have bathroom curtains and a shower curtain that should be made real quick before company comes -- LOL!!!

Juanita said...

I like the inspiration challenge card, it is a great flower combo, and I really that daisy stamp. But I LOVE the clean and simple card. It looks so fresh,, and great for men in your life!

Anonymous said...

These ARE gorgeous cards!! I love the Fall colors in them!!

Stacey Schafer said...

Love your cards, Leanne! The layout of the first one is AWESOME and I love the "cute" factor of the second one:) I'm so glad you remembered to check my challenge again this week! Thanks for participating:)

Sue said...

These are both great cards, but I especially LOVE the first one. That looks like a great stamp set and the colors are gorgeous. The rick rack is perfect!!

Denise Marzec said...

GORGEOUS colors! Wow, Wow, WOW!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

wonderful cards, leanne !!!!!love the way you did your layout !!!!tfs:)
chat

G.R.I.T.S. said...

Wow, Leanne. I love the colors. They're my favorite

Tammy Hershberger said...

LOL I saw your card and thought "well, that looks like something I would make!" and then realized it was for the challenge! I love it! Jumbo rick-rack is becoming my favorite accessory, so I love how you used it here. And I love your leaves on the other card, too! I'll have to remember that set for some fall cards, too!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!!!! Love'em!!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Oh my! The daisy card especially is wonderful! Love the layout, colors and everything about them!