I needed some quick cards this morning before I went off to Curves and I was drawn to the new Autumn Vine DP that SU will be offering in the Holiday Mini Catalog on October 1, 2008. Love it!
Both cards used Pocket Silhouettes for the main image. I really enjoyed coloring these little images to match my cardstock. Here's how I do it:
- Stamp the image first in your lightest color. On the top card, it was Creamy Caramel; the bottom card was More Mustard.
- Color over portions of the design with darker markers. On both card, it was Chocolate Chip and Really Rust.
- "Huff" on the stamp to remoisten the ink, then stamp.
- On the first one, I took a blender pen and added little dots of Baja Blue and More Mustard to replicate the little dots on the DP.
I wanted to put a scallop behind the first image, but the die was too big, so I took a tip from Sharon at notimetostamp, and just cut it apart and readhered it to fit. There is a little line, but not real noticeable. The little felt flowers really add a little extra. Thanks for visiting!
- Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes, So Many Sayings (ret SU)
- Paper: More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, Kraft, Really Rust, Confetti White, WW, Baja Breeze, Autumn Vine DP
- Ink: Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Creamy Caramel
- Acc: Markers, Flower Fusion Too, brads, Word Window Punch, Nesties