Thursday, September 25, 2008

More Autumn

I needed some quick cards this morning before I went off to Curves and I was drawn to the new Autumn Vine DP that SU will be offering in the Holiday Mini Catalog on October 1, 2008.  Love it!

09-25-08 Autumn Silhouette 2

09-25-08 Autumn Missing You

Both cards used Pocket Silhouettes for the main image.  I really enjoyed coloring these little images to match my cardstock.  Here's how I do it:

  1. Stamp the image first in your lightest color.  On the top card, it was Creamy Caramel; the bottom card was More Mustard.
  2. Color over portions of the design with darker markers.  On both card, it was Chocolate Chip and Really Rust.
  3. "Huff" on the stamp to remoisten the ink, then stamp.
  4. On the first one, I took a blender pen and added little dots of Baja Blue and More Mustard to replicate the little dots on the DP. 

I wanted to put a scallop behind the first image, but the die was too big, so I took a tip from Sharon at notimetostamp, and just cut it apart and readhered it to fit.  There is a little line, but not real noticeable.  The little felt flowers really add a little extra.  Thanks for visiting!

  • Stamps:  Pocket Silhouettes, So Many Sayings (ret SU)
  • Paper:  More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, Kraft, Really Rust, Confetti White, WW, Baja Breeze, Autumn Vine DP
  • Ink:  Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Creamy Caramel
  • Acc:  Markers, Flower Fusion Too, brads, Word Window Punch, Nesties

7 comments:

Sandra Smart said...

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by to visit me on my blog. So nice to be able to "meet" new people!
I am loving these color combo's...especially that first one...gorgeous!

Denise Marzec said...

Very pretty, LeAnne! :)

mueppi said...

Wonderful cards, LeAnne!

Juanita said...

Love both of these samples, and with my new fav stamps

Bee's Zen Garden said...

Love those papers, stamps and colors!! :-)

Broni said...

LeAnne, I love how you've made the stamps reflect the paper perfectly!! Great cards!

Kisa Peters said...

These cards are awesome! Delish! I LOVE what you did with the first one - the colors are soo yummy! Maybe had I seen this paper.....Um.....I would have realized they were fall colors! Oh well!