Monday, September 22, 2008

Busy Days

I apologize for not posting lately.....I have been busy with life outside of stamping as well as two stamp camps I am preparing for, a stamp club meeting and a Wee-Inker meeting!!  I have been stampin' a little, just haven't had time to post.

Yesterday was my Stampin' Up! downline meeting of the Wee-Inkers.  There were only four of us altogether, but we had a great time chatting and stamping.  I can't show you ALL the projects we did, but I will show you my favorite:

Weeinker Meeting Project 1 9-21-08

This is a little altered notebook, covered with the new DP from the Holiday Mini, called Autumn Vine.  LOVE THIS PAPER!   As soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to pair it with some buttons die-cut from the new Big Shot, a Felt Fusion Too flower and the wide Baja Breeze ribbon.  Those little buttons on the DP are sooooo cute!  I showed them how to remove the coil from the top, adhere the DP, punch holes using the original holes as a template, then replace the coil.  Easy!  No stamping, actually!  I did dauber the edges of the buttons to give them some depth, and added a little "thread" with my white gel pen!

Here are the swaps we exchanged:

Swap 9-21-08 Alison

Swap 9-21-08 Laura

Swap 9-21-08 LeAnne

Swap 9-21-08 Shawn 2

Swap 9-21-08 Shawn - inside Shawn even stamped the inside of her card, ala Peanutbee! 

All the swaps were very cute!  Such great ideas from a creative bunch of girls!

 

My last share is the little recruiting gift I gave to Alison, who recruited her friend Jenn!  I added some quick rub-ons from the Holiday Mini to an Ikea frame and put some beautiful DP as a background.  Now she can add a picture of her little one playing in the snow----if we ever get any!  Ooops, maybe I shouldn't say that---we'll get inundated!  I apologize for this photo---it looks like the frame is warped, but it's not.  Anybody know how to NOT get this when they photograph their projects?  Seems it happens to me a lot!

Weeinker Gift 9-21-08 Rubons

Weeinker Gift closeup 2 9-21-08 Here is a closeup showing the Old Saint Nick rub-ons from  as well as the felt snowflakes available --so cute!

 

Thanks for visiting!
LeAnne

4 comments:

Tracy said...

What a great Idea for a frame. I am sure she will love it.

Juanita said...

I love that frame, and your swap card is beautiful.
Thanks for pointing out that you need to remove the coil off the notebook. I was thinking of altering a notebook, but was not sure how to deal with the coil. It is so obvious, now that you mention it

Tammy Hershberger said...

Geez, now we can blame you I guess for all the tons of snow that is coming this winter! Thanks a lot! LOL

CUTE notebook, LeAnne! I love the colors, and those die-cut buttons are adorable! Great swap cards, too! Love the grizzly bear, and that frame is beautiful even if it is going to cause a blizzard or something!

craftsbyjodi said...

hello... love the cards and note pad. Quick question though.... how do you make the top of the notepad fit with the spiral bit when altering it. Let me know as I LOVE IT!