Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Color Throwdown #8



Edited to add: This post was supposed to publish on Wednesday--for some reason it did not! My apologies to the Color Throwdown team--honestly, I had this ready last week!
Today's Color Throwdown is from Tammy, and it is a bevy of beautiful colors! I threw in a few extras, but the main ones are there: Cameo Coral, Certainly Celery, Old Olive and So Saffron as an extra! Since I am on vacation this week at the Delaware shore, I knew this had to be a fairly quick card. I was suffering from Basic Grey withdrawal, so I sorted through my stash and found these floral & olive patterns from Stella Ruby and a coral from Two Scoops. I enhanced the olive by stamping the retired French Script in Old Olive and "coraled" the pink by washing it with some Cameo Coral. Then I sewed everything together onto my So Saffron card base with coral thread!!

The stamped image is from Dreams DuJour, stamped in Old Olive craft ink on Confetti Cream and watercolored with Cameo Coral, Certainly Celery and So Saffron. I then overstamped it with Sanded in Sahara Sand ink to give it a shabby look. Each nestie layer has also been shabbied, just by rubbing the ink pad over the cardstock. I added some retired organdy ribbon and a hodgepodge hardware thingie (that I never know what to do with!) and heated up the ends of the ribbon with my heat gun to crinkle it up and make it look shabby too! Looking at it again, I wish I had stamped my image in a darker color, but it is done, so no looking back!

Please feel free to play the challenge as well; we want to see what you come up with ! Post a comment on the Throwdown blog and link it to your own blog or to SCS. Be sure to use the keyword CTD8 if you post to SCS!

Now check out what the other Throwdown girls have come up with!

Card details:

  • Stamps: Dreams duJour, French Script, Sanded
  • Paper: So Saffron, Confetti Cream, Cameo Coral, Old Olive, Basic Grey Stella Ruby & Two Scoops
  • Ink: Cameo Coral, So Saffron, Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Sahara Sand
  • Acc: Sewing Machine, Nesties, HPH, Organdy Ribbon, Heat Tool

8 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Gorgeous card, LeAnne! Hope you had a nice vacation!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my worrrrrrd, LeAnne, I looooove all the stitching and the great colors in the papers. Beautiful!

Broni said...

Your card is beautiful, LeAnne! Definitely worth the wait!!!

Kathleen said...

So, so pretty! I LOVE the stitching....I keep saying I'm going to pull out that sewing machine....this is beautiful!

Tracy said...

Love the challenges you and the ladies are doing... I have left an award on my blog for you.

Simple Stitches AZ ~ Rachelle S. said...

Hey, LeAnne, I just wanted to say HI & thanks again for rooming with us at convention. Amber & I had a great time! I hope you're doing well! And I hope to see you again next year! It was good getting to know you, you're so sweet! I haven't posted much on my blog, life has been insane since we got back. Anyway, keep in touch!
Love,
Rachelle

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Leann,
your blog looks totally awesome. I haven't visited for a while - oops. I'll be back soon....
Ali