Monday, September 25, 2023

Vintage Frosty

Happy Monday, peeps! I have a quick card today for two challenges!  The As You See It challenge is a fun little sketch, and the Jingle Belles challenge is to create a card using a Christmas story or movie!

I think it was in first grade, my teacher, Miss Brown, read us the story of Frosty the Snowman and I always loved it!  The thought of a snowman melting in the sun made me a wee bit sad though!  I have a set of vintage Christmas images from an old Artistic Outpost stamp set and Frosty happens to be one of them!  I paired him with some pretty new Snowflake Magic foil and the new Snowflake Sky embossing folder:


I added a sentiment from another retired set called Snow Much Fun and a little glimmer dot and it was done!  And this little guy won't melt!


And a Papertrey sentiment for the inside finished it off!


Thanks for visiting today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Snow Much Fun (ret), Frosty and Friends (Artistc Outpost), Signature Christmas (Papertrey)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Snowflake Magic Specialty Paper
 Ink Bermuda Bay (ret)
Accessories Glitter Sequins, Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Snowflake Sky EF, Stylish Shapes Dies, Deckle Edge Dies

16 comments:

Vickie said...

Love this Vintage snowman LeAnne…and perfect sentiment. Well Done

Carol L said...

That Bermuda Bay color looks perfect with the white snow on this cute card! What a precious snowman image that is!

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

LeAnne, you have the best vintage stamps!! This card is adorable. The colors, Frosty's chubby cheeks, all of it!!!

Heather said...

Oh my gosh, LeAnne, that is the most awesome vintage stamp - so handsome! So thrilled that you featured it in our sketch - a real beauty with all the new toys! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a lovely vintage feel this card has LeAnne! Love the colour you used - it really adds to the effect. Vicky x

Heather Cooper said...

LeAnne, I'm just loving the feel of this vintage snowman along with the texture and specialty paper! I think you nailed this sketch! Thanks for getting "sketchy" with us at As You See It Challenges!

Bonnie said...

Love this fun Frosty image, LeAnne, and the monochromatic color!

Lisa Elton said...

Well this is just adorable! What a sweet snowman he is!

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet holiday card!

Jan Clothier said...

It's a beautiful punny Christmas card, LeAnne. A lovely use of that gorgeous colour. Thanks for joining in with us again at As You See It. :-)

I Card Everyone said...

I know I've said it before, but it bears repeating... nobody does vintage like you do, LeAnne!
I always cried when Frosty melted, too!
=]

SmilynStef said...

That AO set is one of my favorites ... such a great vintage snowman ... So glad you joined us at Jingle Belles with your *Christmas Story*.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Oh my LeAnne - what a monochromatic beauty! That vintage snowman deserves to take centre stage and the blue and white is so crisp and fresh, a perfect reminder of fresh fallen snow. Thanks for playing our challenge over at As You See it this week!

Deborah Wheeler said...

That's a fab card LeAnne! Love the colour and the experession on your snowman's face is beyond cute! Thanks for joining our sketch challenge at As You See It!

lauren bergold said...

Love love love this artful, nostalgic card! I'm not sure I ever realized that Frosty had been a book... I kind of want to find a copy now! So pleased you could join our Stories of Christmas fun at Jingle Belles!

Jane Knudsen said...

This is one adorable vintage snowman! I am charmed by the colors you used with all that texture! I still watch Frosty The Snowman! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!