Saturday, September 30, 2023

Best Wishes Sunflower

Happy Saturday, peeps!  I have a sweet country-style card for three challenges today!  Have you ever seen a red sunflower? Here's a photo (not my photo, just a sample!!!):


The FarmQuest challenge this month asks for sunflowers, and the Color Throwdown challenge has some lovely fall colors, so I thought I'd combine both, along with the Just Add Ink sketch for my card today. First, the challenges:


I pulled out some older stamps and went to work:



I stamped Buffalo Check in Mellow Moss, then added a Very Vanilla panel diecut with the Radiating Stitches die.  The sunflower from Painted Harvest was stamped in Cajun Craze and Crumb Cake, with Mellow Moss leaves.  I used a Stamp Simply sentiment on the front as well as the inside.  Natural Wavy Trim and some twine was used for the embellishment, which works well with the Crumb Cake card base:


I added a couple more leaves under the bow:


and the inside:


Thanks so much for popping in today! Enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Buffalo Check (ret), Painted Harvest (ret), Farmhouse All Occasion Greetings (Stamp Simply)
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
 Ink Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake, Pecan Pie, Mellow Moss (ret)
Accessories Dimensionals, Natural Wavy Trim, Twine, Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Radiating Stitches Dies

14 comments:

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card

Denise Willerton said...

Stunning card LeAnne. Love love love. And the colors!!!! Wow. Thank you for sharing. Have a blessed weekend 💕😊

Kampin' Karen said...

I LOVE this card! I have all the stamps to CASE it but I don't have that trim and it looks great on your card. Nicely done and good luck in the challenges. Have a blessed weekend.

I Card Everyone said...

I have seen red sunflowers - but only as cut flowers, not a full field of them. Isn't this one magnificent?
I love yours, too - and that wonderful buffalo check!
=]

Wendy said...

So pretty, LeAnne! This stamp set is my most loved ever! I love the colors that you used for your card. Mellow Moss really takes us back, doesn't it?! I still have alot of this color cardstock in my stash. TFS

Tracy Grauer said...

Painted Harvest is one of my all time favorites! Beautiful card.

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

LeAnne: Thanks for participating in FarmQuest's sunflower theme and you've submitted a marvelous farm country card! From the twine trim and bow, the buffalo check, and gorgeous sunflower, your elements have made a wonderful birthday card! Fall-bulous! --Becca

Wanda Cullen said...

OMGoodness...this is so gorgeous! I love that deep red sunflower! Thanks for joining us at CTD this week!

Bonnie said...

This is my favorite sunflower stamp, LeAnne! I'm loving that buffalo check background too! An awesome card!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I just LOVE this LeAnne! There is something so simple about the design yet the check background is the perfect backdrop for that sunflower (great in rusty red btw) and I love the rope/twine trim. This card is a winner in my book!

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love all the elements, the Buffalo Check background, lovely wavy trim, and pretty sunflower. TFS

Lisa Elton said...

I've never seen a red sunflower and didn't even know they existed! I love the version you created on this charming card!

Broni said...

I had no idea there were red sunflowers! How beautiful! So is your card!!! I love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful fall colors - lovely card!