Sunday, September 3, 2023

PP656 Four-Legged Friend

Hello friends! Well, we are back from vacation at the Delaware shore; the weather was not very cooperative but it was nice to get away, rest and relax!  I am finding it a challenge to get back into my stamping groove!  That's why today's card is pretty easy and simple!  It's Joanne's turn to host at the Paper Players, and she has a fun and cute theme for us:

Well, this could have gone in many different directions, because all these critters are pretty cute and I have several stamps that could have fit the bill! I did remember some adorable papers I have been hoarding; they're called Little Fawn & Friends, so I thought I'd use them to make my easy card today:


I used the FMS sketch:

The main panel is from Little Fawn & Friends and is matted with a piece of Petal Pink cardstock; the lower panel is a piece of Copper Clay and another piece of the printed paper.  There are larger images on the inside cover of the paper pad that can be fussy-cut, so I cut out the larger deer and mounted it on a Mellow Moss circle that I "painted" with white craft ink to make it a wee bit lighter.  That cute sentiment is from Pick of the Patch...I think this would be a sweet baby card!

I know all of you have a favorite four-legged friend that you would just love to use for our challenge this week!  Be sure to check out what the Design Team has used over at the Paper Players blog, then come share yours too!  Thanks for visiting today!

On our vacation, we stayed in historical Lewes (pronounced Lewis), Delaware; they have flowers EVERYWHERE in this pretty little town; there's a group of dedicated gardeners who plant and maintain them, and I always enjoy seeing them all around town.  These are along the bridge that spans the canal:


A few here and there along the streets:


I thought this was fun; bicycles painted and planted!


And along Fisherman's Wharf, one of the most gorgeous sunsets I've ever seen!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Pick of the Patch
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Copper Clay, Petal Pink, Mellow Moss (ret), Little Fawn & Friends (Craft Consortium)
 Ink Copper Clay, Craft White
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stylish Shapes Dies

15 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Welcome back to blogging world! I missed you and your creations. This one truly is a cutie! Have a blessed day and thanks for sharing the beautiful flowers and sunset.

Bonnie said...

This would be the sweetest baby card ever! Beautiful paper, LeAnne! I can see why you'd hoard it. The summer flowers are beautiful in that town. What a great place to visit!

I Card Everyone said...

Your little fawn is darling, LeAnne - as is this sweet [hoard worthy] paper.
Glad you got away and to such a pretty area - and to such beautiful endings to your days!
=]

Amy O said...

What a sweet card! I love that paper, and I love your vacation photos -- how beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Lisa Elton said...

Ahhh, this is just as sweet as it can be! Wonderful photos, that sunset in amazing!

Linda Callahan said...

So much to see here! Sweet card - beautiful flowers - lovely vacation!

Jen Timko said...

Cutie indeed! And what wonderful photos of your trip. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

Welcome back! You were missed!! As far as your card goes, it may be simple and easy but it's still SUPER CUTE!! Love that paper. Your vacation pics are gorgeous ...that sunset!!

Suzanne said...

Such a sweet card LeAnne. It may have been easy to put together, but great just the same. We need those cards

Ida said...

LeAnne your card is adorable. I love that you used the Designer Paper and fussy cut that cute little fawn out. Great use of that sketch too. - Enjoyed your Vacation photos, that sunset was gorgeous.

Fran Wing said...

LeAnne, no kidding that's a cutie pie! This past weekend we drove through the town of Jacksonville, OR on our way back from wine-tasting and they have a portion of the main street that is marked as a "wilderness corridor" and right by the sign were 5 young deer grazing! They were older than your little guy, but looked to be not quite yearlings. Needless to say, I had an emotional response to your beautiful card.
Xoxo, Fran

Ann Schach said...

Oh, LeAnne! This paper is just as cute as can be! It has a vintage Bambi vibe that I LOVE. Such a sweet sentiment, too! Sometimes the simplest cards are the best. This one is amazing!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is a cutie pie indeed - I love your bambi-inspired dsp too, so sweet!

Claire Broadwater said...

I just love this card. Your little Bambi is so sweet. I think this DSP is the best!!!!!! Such a perfect card for our challenge!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a sweet card, LeAnne! That little deer is the cutest!