Thursday, September 14, 2023

Celebrate The Season

Happy Thursday, peeps!  I've been missing my stamp room today...it took me two days to get this card done, LOL!  But between laundry, picking stuff from the garden and work, I finally finished it!  So here we go:


This is for a couple of challenges; the Inspire.Create sketch, and the Retro Rubber Fall Scenes challenge:

 

I used several older stamp sets for this card....I had to do a lot of searching to find the ages of them, LOL!  (I'll list the ages below in my "recipe"!)  I used some papers from Honey Bee Stamps for the background, placing them on a panel embossed with the Leaf Fall embossing folder.  I accented my little punkin with some Wild Wheat twine and they're hard to see, but there are silver sequins on the panel as well!


The sentiment and leaves from Beautiful Autumn (2020) was stamped on the inside:


I really enjoyed pulling out these older stamps and playing with them once again!  Thanks for visiting today!  

So I just want to thank everyone who reached out to make sure I was okay during the last two weeks...my little community in Chester County was very close to where the escaped prisoner was hiding, although we were never in danger as he was never that close to us.  He was close to Longwood, where my brother works, and the area where he was captured was relatively close to John's sister's home, but thankfully it is all over now.  The Avondale State Police barracks to where he was transported was the nearest to us but he was in good hands there!  So happy that K9 did his job perfectly, and we are grateful to the countless police officers as well. It was brutally hot last week and the area in which the escapee was hiding was thick and dense. It's easy to be an armchair critic when we're sitting in our nice cool homes and they are out in the thick of it.  I am just glad it's over!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Beautiful Autumn, (ret, 2020), Happy Scenes (ret, 2015), Itty Bitties (ret 2013), Leave It (Sweet 'n Sassy, 2016), September Stamp of the Month (CTMH 2018), Autumn Blessings (CTMH 2019)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Basic Black, Grapefruit Grove, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze,  Halloween Harvest (Honey Bee)
 Ink Versafine Black, Pumpkin Pie, Pebbled Path
Accessories Silver Sequins, Wild Wheat Thick Twine, Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Leaf Fall EF, Blends, Autumn Punch Pack Leaf Punch

9 comments:

Heather said...

Lol, all so fabulous, LeAnne! Love all the sets you pulled in, and that paper is perfect! Fabulous design, and now I have another sketch challenge to check out, too! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

Tammy Fite said...

So glad you were safe--I'm sure that was frightening!!

Your card is beautiful! I especially love the little cup--what a cute design!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Inspire.Create! Love seeing your work!

Suzanne said...

LeAnne. I love the different patterns of paper you pulled together for this card. Your images are perfect to show fall. Thanks for taking part in Inspire.Create.Challenges.

Wendy said...

Beautiful Fall card, LeAnne! Love that you pulled out the older stuff and gave them a fresh new look! Very pretty papers and just love that embossed background panel! Well done on the challenge! I agree with everything you said about the escaped convict these last 2 weeks. Glad it's over!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, your Autumn card is so sweet - betting you already know which paper is my favorite?
I was beyond relief when I heard that capture news - so glad you can all relax and enjoy life again! Like take a walk, right?
=]

PennyH said...

I love visiting your blog & seeing your cards you make! I live in PA too (Northampton County near Easton, Allentown, Bethlehem) & as soon as I heard the news about the escaped convict & being near Longwood, I thought of you because I remember your posts with beautiful pictures from there. I would love to visit there one day! So glad it’s now over & so very thankful for everyone involved in capturing him.

Carol L said...

What a wonderful fall creation following a fun sketch! I love that little piece of plaid paper along with the other papers and embossing. It makes me think of some hot mulled cider when I look at this card! Fun!

Lisa Elton said...

What a charming fall card! I thought of you the whole time he was on the run. So glad they have him in custody again.

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

Great card, LeAnne! Love the layout and the colors. I've been missing my stamp room, too! It's been wedding central for us this past week. Looking forward to getting back to a normal stamping/posting routine. Also super glad they caught the escaped prisoner!! God bless those officers out in the thick of it!