Sunday, September 24, 2023

PP659 Sketch from Anne Marie

Hello, stampers!  Sunday brings us another challenge from the Paper Players, and Anne Marie is our hostess this week with a wonderful sketch! Sketches are my favorite!  So here we go:


I have not used the Countryside Inn DSP for a while, and one of my customers just purchased some,  so I decided to use one of the darker pieces for my background. However, the white diecuts kind of got lost against the patterns, so I added a vellum layer to soften it a bit.  Here we go:


It really looks nicer in real life than in this photo, LOL!  The opposite side of the DSP was diecut with a Stylish Shapes die to create my background for the white Dainty Design and Timeless Arrangements dies. The sentiment, from Lasting Joy, was stamped in Night of Navy ink and diecut with a Stitched Rectangle die:


This could be used for any number of occasions, so I left the inside blank!  I am also going to enter this at the Alphabet Challenge, which is monochromatic!

Make sure you pop onl over to the Paper Players blog to see what the amazing designers created with this equally-amazing sketch!  Then be sure to share your inspiration with us as well!  Thanks for visiting today; enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Lasting Joy
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Night of Navy, Vellum, Countryside Inn DSP
 Ink Night of Navy
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stylish Shapes Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Timeless Arrangements Dies, Dainty Delight Dies

15 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I love this, LeAnne! I like the way you softened the DSP with the vellum. I'm getting the urge to create! Have a blessed Sunday.

Wendy said...

Love this, LeAnne! The design is terrific and I love that you added the vellum to dull the paper a bit. Your focal point is very pretty with the white greenery! Well done! Have a great day & stay dry! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful

Lisa Elton said...

I'm smitten with those dainty white flowers and vellum is always a win! Lovely card, LeAnne!

lichazul said...

Beautiful and delicate card, congrats 💐☺️
Happy day

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, LeAnne! What a stellar idea to use the vellum to soften the pattern of the paper. The dainty die cut is the perfect focal point. Have a wonderful week!

Melanie Hungerford said...

Such a nice way to use the vellum, it really does do a great job setting off the white die cuts without losing the effect of the patterned paper. Lovely card! Thanks for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge.

Linda Callahan said...

So pretty with the vellum layer!

Fran Wing said...

LeAnne, using the vellum to soften a background pattern is a trick I forget about, but now I'm inspired! Your card is lovely.
Xoxo, Fran

I Card Everyone said...

How could I not have known something was amiss when I wasn't getting your feeds?
Another gorgeous card - I love a classic navy/white card!
=]

Suzanne said...

LeAnne, Your card is beautiful. I really like the bright white die-cuts against the dark blue circle. So pretty.

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this DSP is so pretty and I love that you used the vellum panel. So delicate and refreshing! I always love Navy blue! This card will brighten someones day! Have a great weekend!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Absolutely stunning LeAnne! I love how you added a layer of vellum to soften the background. Such a wonderful detail and really makes that focal image pop. Love it!

Debbie Mageed said...

What a beautiful monochrome card, LeAnne! I love how you used the Countryside Inn paper and softened it with the vellum. So creative! Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is gorgeous LeAnne - the paper is very busy and the vellum panel does a great job of softening it and those diecut leaves are so fresh in white. Apologies for my late comment - I am playing catch up!