Monday, September 4, 2023

SSC316 Thankful

Happy Monday, peeps, and Happy Labor Day!  I have a sweet little card today and it uses the color palette from Sunday Stamps:


I have been dying to use the corn dies from the new Fruitful Blessings set; there is no coordinating stamp, so the dies do all the work! Here we go:


This was inspired by the card shown in the SU catalog, but I chose to use the bottom three hues of the color palette instead...and what do you know....I used Wild Wheat!!!  The top layer of the corn was cut using Wild Wheat, the bottom was Crumb Cake.  I used Very Vanilla for the husks and Mossy Meadow for the leaves.  I love how detailed they are!  The background DSP is from One Horse Open Sleigh, cut with a Stitched Rectangle die:


I added some Wild Wheat Jute Trim for an embellishment, and I inked up a portion of a sentiment from Lasting Joy with my Mossy Meadow marker, then diecut it with a Timeless Arrangements die:


I stamped a sentiment from Fruitful Blessings on the inside and accented it with a little stamped leaf from Lasting Joy as well:


I look forward to playing with this bundle a lot more!  I just need more hours in my days!  Thanks for popping in today...enjoy it and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Lasting Joy, Frutiful Blessings
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Mossy Meadow, Wild Wheat, Crumb Cake, One Horse Open Sleigh DSP
 Ink Wild Wheat, Mossy Meadow
Accessories In Color Jute Trim, Dimeensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Fruitful Blessings Dies, Timeless Arrangements Dies

11 comments:

Carol L said...

This is just beautiful and a perfect card for this time of the year with those harvest colors! Happy Labor day to you and yours!

I Card Everyone said...

The most beautiful corn on the cob I've ever seen, LeAnne! I love that it is an 'all die' set, and your wild wheat was a gorgeous choice! I knew it would grow on you! A really lovely DSP,too!
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

You and Wild Wheat are getting along just fine! LOL! Beautiful card. I like your color pallete better than the catalog sample. This set has been on my wish list. I think it is moving into my shopping cart soon!

Wendy said...

Oh so pretty, LeAnne! I will now have to give this set a second look! LOL This is perfect for the challenge and a beautiful card! TFS & stay cool! :)

Melissa Grant said...

Oh I love this card!! Perfect for the colors...nice job! Thanks for sharing with us at SUNDAY STAMPS!

Heather said...

Dang, I've been eyeing that corn - it looks amazing! What a great take on our colors, LeAnne - brilliant! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh wow, what a GREAT die and you used the perfect colors! This is a wonderful card, LeAnne!

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

This is gorgeous! I missed this set in the mini catalog. I'll have to take another look!

dj said...

Nailed our color challenge with those corn on the cob dies...fantstic!! Thanks for playing along with our "Solitude In Nature" color challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! Deb Horst, DT #SSC317

Heidi Baks said...

Fun! What a sweet and simple card, and I love the texture in the corn die-cut. Thanks for joining the Sunday Stamps color challenge this week.

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is just fantastic. Reminds me of life on the farm. I love the way you used the colors and the cob dies are amazing! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!