Tuesday, September 26, 2023

GDP413 Lovely Fall Wreath

Happy Tuesday, everyone! The fall color challenge at Global Design Project jumped out at me but I knew that I didn't want to do a Halloween card with the colors:

But they're definitely fall colors so I challenged myself to use some products that hadn't been used lately!  The Natural Prints die set has a lovely big wreath die....which I think I might have used once....so I cut it out once from Cajun Craze cardstock, and then again in Pumpkin Pie.  I snipped off a few sprigs of the Pumpkin Pie one and adhered it to the Cajun Craze one to make a two-toned wreath:


I added some florals from Love for You, along with the "love" sentiment and embellished it with a black & white gingham bow and some amber gems:


A panel embossed with the Cane Weave embossing folder went beneath it, and a sentiment from Fruitful Blessings went inside:


A fun fall creation!  

And this has nothing to do with fall....but I was shopping at a local "scratch-and-dent" grocery store yesterday, perusing the frozen foods, and this one lonely little package looked up at me:


Oh. My. Gosh.  I have never seen anything like this in any grocery store anywhere!  Yikes!  It stayed right where it was, too, even at $1.29.  It just does not look very appetizing to me, I apologize if any of my readers happen to like cooked octopus legs, LOL!

Thanks for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Love For You, Fruitful Blessings
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Basic Black
 Ink Memento Black
Accessories Gingham Ribbon, Amber Gems (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Natural Prints Dies, Love for You Dies, Cane Weave Embossing Folder

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Such a pretty Fall card with that gorgeous wreath! I love the colors and like that the sentiment & the black & white gingham ribbon tie it all together! Love the embossed panel, too! Great job, LeAnne! Oh my, I can't say that I have ever seen octopus legs in a store either but it's doesn't sound very good. After seeing your picture I don't think I am ready for breakfast yet! LOL

Kampin' Karen said...

Oh, such a pretty clean and simple fall card. BUT the octopus...I'm with you. However, my daughter, son-in-love and hubby are/were fans. I have finally gotten to the point where I can eat calamari, but not the tentacles...only the rings.

Bonnie said...

A beautiful fall wreath, LeAnne, and I love that caned background embossing! The octopus leg doesn't look appetizing at all!

Lisa Elton said...

What a sweet autumn wreath, LeAnne! The octopus, on the other hand, ewwwww!!!

I Card Everyone said...

You've used those Autumn colors beautifully, LeAnne - the recipient is sure to FALL in LOVE with it, too!
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

I love this fall wreath you designed with the challenge colors. The gingham ribbon is perfect. No thank you to octopus leg!

Linda Callahan said...

The wreath is lovely - the octopus legs - not so much....yuck!