Saturday, September 23, 2023

FMS604 Warm Wishes

Hi there, everyone!  Well, it is rainy and windy here on the east coast today; a perfect day to stay inside and.....CLEAN!  Well, and stamp too!  A wee bit of both! I really wanted to play with the FMS sketch this week:

There were lots of pretty leafy cards in the gallery, but I wanted to do something else, so I opted for a warm cup of cocoa and a Christmas card!


I started with a panel of Crumb Cake on which I used a Knit stencil from The Greetery, which fulfills the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown challenge:


then added some snowflakes and a cup of cocoa and peppermint stick stirrers:


All the images were from some retired sets I haven't used in a while, so it was fun to get them inky!  The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp; I added a white border and mounted everything on a Emerald Envy square card measuring 4 1/4".  I added a Merry Christmas to the inside and added it to my Christmas card stash!  Thanks for visiting today!

We went to the Solanco (Southern Lancaster County) fair last night to see the exhibits, look at the craft and veggie submissions and check to see if my Christmas Advent Calendar cross stitch won anything!  Check! A blue ribbon!  The picture is hard to see because they cover all the projects with plastic but hopefully you can get the general idea:


Here's the jumbo pumpkin:


This little wagon of gourds won Best of Show:


And it was hard to choose a favorite flower but I thought this yellow rose was pretty:


So much to look at, but I only got a few pictures!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Snow Place (ret), Scentsational Season (ret), Christmas Blessings (Simon Says Stamp)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Emerald Envy (ret), Crumb Cake
 Ink Real Red, Emerald Envy, Berry Burst, Craft White
Accessories Dimsnionals, Rhinestone
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Blending Brushes, Sponge Daubers, Holiday Collection Framelits (ret), Christmas Blessings Dies, Knit Stencil (The Greetery)

13 comments:

Beth Kochheiser said...

Oh my goodness your cross stitch is GORGEOUS!! I need to get
back to it. Winter months may give me a chance. Thanks for the inspiration!

Colleen Begley said...

One of my all time favorite SU Holiday sets, and you rocked the sketch with it. Your cross stitch sampler is beautiful!!! I can't imagine how many hours that took to do. I hope it will have a special place in your house for the season.

Bonnie said...

A perfect image for this sketch, LeAnne! So warm and cozy! The rain and wind have slowed here. Hopefully it won't be bad when it gets to you! Congratulations on your well deserved blue ribbon! What a beautiful piece of cross stitch!

Denise Willerton said...

such a great card...and you cross stitching is amazing ~ I love to cross stitch as well..its been awhile, but loved it!!! thnks for sharing .. have a blessed day!

Liz Williams said...

Wow, your cross stitch sampler is awesome and worthy of that blue ribbon for sure. I use to own a cross stitch shop 40 years ago, and did lots of that kind of needle work. Lots of work for sure!! Great card too. Glad I got by to visit your blog tonight.

Wendy said...

Such a pretty card in those traditional colors, LeAnne! I would love a cup of cocoa right about now as it is damp & cool out in this rainy weather. This is also a reminder that the holidays are coming! Just perfect! And your cross stitch is absolutely beautiful! You are one talented lady and so deserving of that blue ribbon! Congrats! All the veggies and flowers are also very pretty! TFS and stay dry today!

Kim S said...

What a charming image! And I love how you used the sketch to put a hint of pattern behind it! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

LOVE this card!! The stenciling in the background is perfection!! CONGRATS on your well-deserved blue ribbon. That's soooo exciting!!

Linda Callahan said...

Hooray for a blue ribbon! I love county fairs! And I love your sweet cocoa card!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a super sweet take on our sketch. I love the stenciled background. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week.

beverly said...

Your entry was beautiful...so much work you put into it!!..thanks for sharing the other pictures from the fair. Haven't been to a county fair in years, but the memories of them live on.

I Card Everyone said...

OH! your sampler is blue-ribbon worthy indeed, LeAnne! How wonderful!
Of course, your card is worthy of a win, too!
=]

Rosmarie said...

A cup of hot chocolate is always welcome, whether whether it's on a card, to comfort or relax! This one looks very tasty and warming! Thank you so much for playing along with 52CCT. Rosi x