Sunday, September 17, 2023

PP658 CAS Sports x Two

Happy Sunday, everyone!  I hope your weekend is going well!  It's the fabulous Claire's turn to host our Paper Players challenge today and she has a great one!  So here we go:


I actually made two for this challenge; the first one I thought was not quite CAS enough!  So I just made another! I can always use them!  So, here we go with the first one:


In my search for some graphic-style paper, I found some in my stash that matched Starry Sky pretty well, and since that's a color I rarely use, I thought I would challenge myself! I pulled out a retired stamp, Exteme Skater, a Paper Pumpkin sentiment and some Gorgeous Grunge and did some simple stamping; I hope skateboarding is considered a sport, LOL:


Everything went on an Orchid Oasis card base and I added a strip of the same paper on the inside:


And here's my first card, I used retired sets called Have a Ball and Your Biggest Fan along with the FMS sketch for this week:


Here's the sketch:

And the inside:


I think this is a great opportunity to create some clean-and-simple masculine cards!  What sports fan do you know who would love a card featuring his (or her) favorite team or sport?  Put on your creative thinking caps and share your creation with us at the Paper Players! 

Here's something I made while pursuing one of my favorite "sports"--knitting!  I made up this pattern off the top of my head; in the future I'll make it less bulky at top and bottom!  The retired Stitched Leaves dies came in handy to create the felt leaves!


 Thanks for visiting today!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

First Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Gorgeous Grunge (ret), Extreme Skater (ret), Paper Pumpkin (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Orchid Oasis, Little by Little DSP (American Crafts)
 Ink Starry Sky, Orchid Oasis
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Rectangle Stitched Dies

Second Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Have a Ball (ret), Your Biggest Fan (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Basic Black, Real Red, Cajun Craze, Real Red DSP
 Ink Real Red, Memento Black, Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Layering Circle Dies, 1" Circle Punch, 1 1/4"Circle Punch

14 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Two wonderful sport-themed cards, LeAnne!
LOVE your little pumpkin - 'off the top of my head??' You are amazing!
=]

Carol L said...

I had that extreme skater stamp but must have given it away because I couldn't find it the other day when I was looking for it! He looks great with the action lines behind his skateboard! I love how you cut that sentiment too, what a fun card! Great idea and design for the 2nd card too and what a darling little pumpkin! So cute!

Beth Kochheiser said...

Love the cards but that PUMPKIN!!! Wow!! I’m a wretched left-handed knitter so I’m in awe of your skills.

Denise Willerton said...

what perfect male sport inspired cards LeAnne :-) ~ and I love the knitted pumpkin ~ I'm also a knitter and crocheter ... Oh I hope one day, we can sit and chat and create together ~ hav a blessed day ((hugs))

Bonnie said...

Two perfect cards for the young men in your life, LeAnne! The first brings back memories of our oldest grandson when he was a teen. LOL, he scared me half to death with his antics! The second is perfect for those sports loving boys! Great take on the sketch! What a great pumpkin! It looks perfect to me. You have many talents, my friend!

Jen Brum said...

Those sports cards are perfect LeAnne! I love both of them! I love the different balls and that fantastic red and white paper! Okay, that little pumpkin makes my pumpkin collecting heart go pitter patter!!! I think it's perfect! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lisa Elton said...

While both of you sporty cards are fun it's your darling little pumpkin that has me smiling!

Jacquie Southas said...

Your knit pumpkin is delightful, as is the trio of balls on the your card! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Fran Wing said...

LeAnne, both cards work for CAS as far as I'm concerned. But, that pumpkin is fabulous! Knitting is obviously a non-spectator sport that you excel at!
Xoxo, Fran

Suzanne said...

LeAnne, Both of your cards look great! Your skateboard card it the epitome of CAS and what I strive to do, I always end up adding more. Knitting is one of my favorite sports! haha

Ann Schach said...

Ohhh! I LOVE both of your cards, LeAnne! Both are CAS to me. I love the color blue of the first one. But in all honesty, the second one stole my heart. I am a pushover for polka dots. Have a wonderful weekend!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I love both of your CAS cards. The skateboarding looks like fun, but I don't think I will ever attempt it. LOL The balls are more up my alley! Love the polka dots, too! Thanks for making my challenge look fun!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Double the sporty fun! Love both cards, LeAnne!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I love both cards and I especially love how different they are to each other. The bold colors of the second are fabulous, but I am a little obsessed with the checkered blue, monochromatic tones of the first. Takes me back to high school. Our summer uniform was either a blue and white gingham dress or a yellow and white. Needless to say the blue one got much more wear than the yellow one in my house!
Hugs
Jaydee