Thursday, September 28, 2023

IB257 Sympathy Card

Happy Thursday, all.  Sadly, we had two past members of our church pass away within the last two days.  I was totally enamored of Silke's card (you can see it HERE) for the current Inspired By challenge, so I set out to CASE it for a sympathy card.  First, let's see the photo inspiration:


I remembered that I purchased the same PTI dies last year that Silke used on her card and I think I used them once so I got them out for my card too!  I paired the smaller pumpkin with a Hymn Block sentiment from Sweet & Sassy:


I stamped it in Early Espresso on a piece of woodgrained paper:


then created my pumpkin with some retired Naturals White and Mellow Moss cardstocks, giving them a good sponging around the edges with Sahara Sand and Crumb Cake inks and speckling them with Itty Bitty Backgrounds.  It all went on a Boho Blue card base and I added a little piece of Boho Blue twine for color:


And a few sympathy sentiments on the inside as well:


It is a blessing that my friend will no longer be suffering from her cancer, but we will miss her!  Thanks for popping in today....enjoy it and be blessed.

For those who love to see all things Longwood, their blog recently featured an interesting article about tree removal.  Even a public garden like Longwood is no match for winds and storms, but their professionals do have procedures in place to follow if a natural disaster occurs.  It's an interesting read with some pretty amazing photos!  You can check it out HERE.

photo courtesy of Longwood Gardens


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Everyday Sentiments CL342 (Hero Arts), Hymn Blocks (Sweet & Sassy) Farmhouse Scriptural Quotes (Stamp Simply), Itty Bitty Backgrounds (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Boho Blue, Crumb Cake,  Naturals White (ret), Mellow Moss (ret), Misc Woodgrain paper
 Ink Early Espresso, Boho Blue, Sahara Sand (ret), Pecan Pie, Crumb Cake, Mellow Moss (ret)
Accessories Boho Blue Thick Twine, Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Subtle EF (ret), Into the Bloom: Pumpkin Dies (Papertrey)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic LeAnne! You’re quick! Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By! ~Laurel

Karen in Florida said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! I love the pumpkin and the unconventional fall color of blue. I'm seeing it a lot this year.
That's one GIANT tree!

Karen in Florida said...

Very impressive article on how Longwood Gardens dealt swiftly with storm-damaged tree removal and "cloning" of the Chinese Scholar tree.

Kampin' Karen said...

What a shame for the Longwood Gardens. I'm sorry you lost a friend and your card is beautifully done. I'll have to see if I have the Itty Bitty Background!

Tracy Grauer said...

Beautiful sympathy card.

Marlena M. said...

This is SO PRETTY LeAnne, and I had just admired Silke's card seconds ago! I'm sorry for your loss. I find sympathy cards difficult to finish, but you created one that's sure to be appreciated by the recipient~

Wendy said...

This card is beautiful inside & out, Leanne! That white pumpkin is gorgeous and all the detail! Wonderful saying on the front as well as the inside. So sorry for the loss of your friends from church.

I Card Everyone said...

I played with a PTI pumpkin yesterday - you've reminded me that I forgot its lovely leaf!
LeAnne I'm so sorry you've needed one, but this card is going to help ease the sorrow of their loss. So pretty.
I'm certainly interested in all things Longwood - and get a happy smile now every time you mention it! Off to read!
On a side note, it appears FollowIt has fixed the issue - thank Goodness!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

That's such a pretty little pumpkin and your card is wonderful!

Bonnie said...

Love this pumpkin, LeAnne, and the rustic background with the words from one of my favorite hymns. Sorry you had need of sympathy cards.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a lovely card - the colours and pumpkin suit the inspo picture perfectly and those words are sure to bring comfort. The tree felling reminds me of the beautiful sycamore that was felled at Hadrian's Wall this week; unfortunately vandelism though. So sad when trees have been alive for so long!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful card - love the pumpkin!