Sunday, September 10, 2023

PP657 Color Challenge from Jaydee

Happy Sunday, everyone!  Hope your weekend is going well so far! We're to have a picnic today at church--we'll see how the weather cooperates!  Meanwhile, Jaydee is our Paper Players hostess today and her color challenge really did challenge me!  Yikes---check it out!

Oh my...the dreaded Wild Wheat AND Pebbled Path, LOL!  Well, I gave it a go, that's what challenges are for, right?  And I will admit that I was happy with the outcome!  Here we go:


It helped that I had a fun sketch to work with; this one is from Hand Stamped Sentiments:


along with the Dainty Designs stamps and dies.  I stamped the images in Saddle Brown Stazon ink, then colored them with reinkers and an aquapainter.  I adhered them to a Pebbled Path frame diecut with the Countryside Corners dies:


I added Stitched Rectangle panels, embossed with the Timber embossing folder and an embossed sentiment from Inked & Tiled, stamped on Pretty Peacock:


I added a few diecut flowers leaves, and everything went on an embossed panel of Timeworn Type.  These colors are pretty nice for fall, and they work wonderfully together in lighter shades and small doses, LOL!  Since The Flower Challenge is looking for die cuts this week, I am also going to enter it there!


I hope you'll play along with Jaydee's color challenge...don't be intimidated by it like I was, they're really lovely fall colors and I know you'll be able to use them to their best advantage.  Hop on over to the Paper Players blog to see what the other designers did to get some more inspiration! 

My two great-nephews are following in their dad's footsteps, learning a lot of outdoor skills; here, they're learning archery while dad watches:


We've got a righty and a lefty!


We recently found out that a little sister will be added to the family...she'll probably learn all this good stuff too!  Thanks for visiting today--enjoy it and be blessed!
:


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Dainty Delights, Inked & Tiled
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Pebbled Path, Pretty Peacock, Wild Wheat, Copper Clay
 Ink Saddle Brown Stazon, Pretty Peacock, Wild Wheat, Copper Clay, Craft White
Accessories Dimensionals, White Embossing Powder
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Timber Embossing Folder, Timeworn Type Embossing Folder, Dainty Delights Dies, Countryside Corners Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Timeless Arrangements Dies, Heat Tool, Aquapainter

21 comments:

Claudia said...

Pretty indeed your card - dear LeAnn, a little hello from overseas!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, I sure hope these colors grow on you because they delight me so very much! What a gorgeous card: the planks, and timeworn type, TOO?? and it works so beautifully!
A wonderful Autumn note for The Flower challenge gallery! [thanks for joining us!]
=]

Wendy said...

It's a beautiful card...Wild Wheat and all! Love this and such a pretty color combo, LeAnne! Hoping your church picnic goes on without any showers today but i'd keep an eye to the sky just incase!

Marlene said...

I love the frame with the flowers surrounding it. One compliments the other and colors are perfect for this project. Winner for sure.

Tracy Grauer said...

Beautiful card! Those colors came together nicely on your card. Those two boys are growing! I noticed the righty and lefty right off! LOL! It will be fun for them to have a sister.

Heather said...

Oh my gosh, LeAnne, the colors are amazing together - this whole design is simply stunning! Brilliant combos here - love your Countryside frame on our sketch, and the Dainty stems just blow me away. Seriously, absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Laurie Unger said...

What a wonderful card. Love the fall colors. I also love that the kids are learning how to shoot with that compound bow. So much fun. Thanks for linking this up over at The Flower Challenge.

Bonnie said...

You did wonderfully with these colors, LeAnne! Your fall flowers are beautiful and the frame around the embossing sets them off perfectly!

Lisa Elton said...

I think you worked magic with the colors, LeAnne! Your sweet little wildflowers were the perfect choice!

Fiona said...

This is such an elegant card - a great take on our sketch - love it - thanks for playing along with us again at HSS

Tarabeth Stamps said...

Lovely card! I love the combination of stamped images with the die cuts.TFS

Linda Callahan said...

I hear you aout those colors but your card is lovely! Very pretty!

Jaydee said...

Hey LeAnne, sorry about having to make you run for the hills! you might have been scared of the colors but you attacked them head on and completely rocked the challenge. Tour choices of florals add a delicacy and lightness to the card, while the gorgeous texture on the base grounds the whole design. just stunning, my friend. it really was worth using the dreaded Pebbled Path - the color works beautifully on the frame
hugs
jaydee

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I thought these colours were tricky but you totally nailed it LeAnne! The delicate design against the textured background works like a charm! I love that we both used the same sketch and approached it so differently, despite using the same colours - I am adding yours to my CASE pile for sure!

Fran Wing said...

Leanne, I thought for sure I was the only one who struggled with Jaydee's beautiful colors! Your card turned out lovely - it's a bit more helpful when you use another challenge to kick-start the creative process. I love the contrast of colored outline images and solid die-cuts.

Suzanne said...

LeAnne, I think you used the colors beautifully, I love the delicate flowers. It took me a bit to figure out how to use them- then I remembered the daisy dsp. Gorgeous card.

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely stunning, LeAnne! The flowers are so delicate and the rich texture makes the perfect backdrop for them. What a wonderful way to combine challenges! You definitely nailed it. Have a wonderful weekend!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I just adore your card! I love the delicate little flowers and the gorgeous embossed background. The wood grained panels adds so much detail! I think you rocked these colors, My Friend!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a beautiful card, LeAnne! I love how you paired the challenge colors with that stamp set and the textured background is the perfect detail.

Stampin Expressions said...

I don't know what you were worried about with this color combo, you killed it! So elegant looking and I love the way you framed in the flowers from the sketch! Beautiful card! Thanks for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge!

Stef Perry said...

What a gorgeous card LeAnne! Love all the texture, the frame and of course your pretty flowers and sprigs. You mastered this color combo beautifully - no surprise! Thank you so much for sharing with us at The Flower Challenge!