Wednesday, September 27, 2023

AHSC544 Merry Christmas

 Happy Wednesday, peeps!  I hope we're going to see the sun today---it's been MIA for several days and I feel like a mushroom again!  It does keep me in the craft room, though...I made another Christmas card yesterday with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch for this week:


I went searching in my stash of older DSPs to find some appropriate colors for what I had in mind; here we go:


I embossed part of a Very Vanilla card with a Darice Holly embossing folder, then added strips of the printed paper.  The Tim Holtz greenery was diecut from some Tim Holtz vintage scrapbook paper; and I added some scrap "berries" from Cherry Cobbler glimmer paper.  The bow was made by simply tying some wide Cherry Cobbler in half with some floss:


My "merry" is also Cherry Cobbler; I cut three of them from cardstock and adhered them together to create a thick sentiment; the "Christmas", stamped in Mossy Meadow, is from Close to My Heart.  The inside sentiment is from Hope & Peace:


No weird fish food today...but I am glad you stopped by!  Thanks and have a blessed day!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Hope & Peace, Merry Borders (Close to My Heart)
Card stock & Papers     Thick Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Misc Scrapbook Papers, Cherry Cobbler Glimmer (ret)
 Ink Mossy Meadow
Accessories Wide Cherry Cobbler Organdy Ribbon (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, November Die of the Month 2018 (Spellbinders), Holiday Greens Dies (Tim Holtz), 1/4" Hole Punch (ret), Holly Embossing Folder (Darice)

14 comments:

Vickie said...

Very pretty design. Sweet, simple and elegant.

Bonnie said...

This is a perfect way to use this sketch, LeAnne! Love those sparkly berries!

Marlene said...

So nice to see some of the older c/stock, ribbon and colors used on this lovely card.

Lisa Elton said...

I like that pretty little swag of greenery! Terrific use of the sketch, LeAnne this is lovely!

Denise Willerton said...

SUCH a stunning card my friend ~ LeAnne, thank you so much for sharing!!!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, I was getting worried about you - come to find out I'm not getting my news delivered to my inbox from Followit! ARRRRGH!
Beautiful embossing, gorgeous DSPs and what a pretty way to 'tie' a bow!
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

A beautiful card. I love the colors and that bow!

Dena J said...

Stunning card. Love the plaid and the embossing with these luscious traditional colors. Thank you for joining the challenge at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this too - so festive and the glittery berries and that red ribbon bow are the perfect finishing touch.

Brandi said...

I love the embossing folder and the ribbon is so rich looking, Stunning card as always! Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Anna said...

I love the white-on-white texture and the sparkly berries. What a beautiful card! Thank you for joining us this week at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Anna, AHSC Design Team

foleysfriend said...

Gorgeous! I love the patterns, textures and dimensions on your card. It's just lovely. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

sue n.

Linda Callahan said...

All tied up with a sweet bow! Delightful card!

Anonymous said...

I love this card. It is great one.