Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Motorcyle Birthday

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  I made this card for my nephew's birthday...no challenge, just a fun, simple card for a young guy....I think they're the most challenging to make!  I used papers from last mini called Ready to Ride, and mixed up some new and old stamps for the sentiment:


The wrenches on the background paper have a gloss to them--very cool--and the motorcyle was simply fussy-cut from another piece of the DSP.  I diecut two banners from the Nested Essentials dies and layered them together; the motorcycle hides the seam.  I used sentiments from Biggest Wishes and the retired Endless Birthday Wishes along with some Metallic Studs; it all went on a Very Vanilla card base:


For the inside, I cut a couple of strips from the DSP that look like tire tracs and added a sentiment from the retired Rev Up the Fun:


Hope he likes it!  Thanks for popping in today!

A few pix from around the yard:

My friend Joan gave me these dahlias and I was thrilled to see how pretty they were:


And this bee was completely oblivious of my picture-taking indulgence; I just wish these tiger lilies lasted longer!  They're almost 6' tall!

Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Biggest Wish, Rev Up the Fun (ret), Endless Birthday Wishes (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Ready to Ride DSP (ret)
 Ink Memento Black
Accessories Studs (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Nested Essentials Dies

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Such a cool & fun masculine card! Love the design, LeAnne! Your flowers look amazing! Your so good at capturing such vibrant, colorful pictures! My yard is looking exceptionally brown & dried up! We need some rain! Stay cool today...another hot one is on tap!

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

Great card! I agree, teens and early 20's masculine cards are the most difficult. You nailed this one. I may have to borrow that motorcycle set one of these days!

I Card Everyone said...

He is bound to love his card, LeAnne! It's so cool!
Gorgeous flowers in your garden - how sweet of Joan to share her Dahlias with you - and of all the lily varieties, these Tiger's are the only ones I like!
=]

Bonnie said...

What a great card for a young man! Simple and just what the guys like! Your flowers are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific card for your nephew, he's sure to love it! I love the wrench paper, my hubs is an industrial mechanic!