Friday, April 17, 2015

Welcome Baby Boy

DSCF9321
Happy Friday, peeps!  Looking forward to the weekend!  We had a wonderful event this week; my nephew and his wife had their first baby, a little boy, which made my sister Joyce a GRANNY!  (And me a great-aunt!!!!)  Woohoo!  Everyone is doing fine!  I can’t wait to see him myself!
Joyce & Jameson
So of course, I had to make a card; not too many frills and doodads for this little guy, but I have always loved this image from Cornish Heritage Farms and am always happy to use it:
LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Baby Boy Congrats
and I used the sketch from the RetroSketches for this week:
I used some scraps from my DSP scrap pile and did a bit of embossing on the white panel.  I used the sentiment from the photopolymer set Guy Greetings because it fit perfectly across the banner:
DSCF9319
A little bit of twine, and it was done!
Cassidy got a little stomach bug yesterday; she is so rarely sick, it was quite unusual, and between bouts she was absolutely fine!  I am hoping it was just a 24-hour bug, and hoping WE don’t get it either!  The day before, we were outside and she discovered a worm in my flower bed!  (He’s covered in dirt!)
DSCF9263
John told her to take it down to the garden, it would be happier there:
DSCF9275
So that’s what she did…he’s got a new home now, unless a robin spotted him first!
DSCF9276
Enjoy your day!

10 comments:

*Vicki* said...

AWE!! Precious baby and congrats!! :) Love your darling card with that tiny shoe!! So sweet and fun!! EWW! Worm!! LOL!! Happy weekend friend!

Linda Callahan said...

Congrats! Sweet baby.....sweet card!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Well, congratulations to all on the arrival of this baby boy. Your card is adorable and his parents will love it. That shoe image is so cute.
Yuck - you wouldn't see me touching/holding a worm. Guess I'm not a brave as Cassidy;)

Judi said...

Congrats to your sister (she is just as cute as you are) and her sweet family. Grandies are such a blessing. Perfect little stamp and nice card. You must have good soil if you have worms:))

Jen Mitchell said...

Congratulations on your new great nephew! What a cutie he is! And what a fantastic baby boy card that is. I'm pinning this one for later use!

Lisa Elton said...

What a sweetie pie he is, congrats great aunt LeAnne!! Cute card for him, I like the little baby shoe. So sorry Cassidy was sick, hope she's all better!

jengd said...

Congrats to your niece, sister (no tellin' you two are related! Sheesh!) and you on the addition to your family! And that is a huge, honkin' worm, dirt or no!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Congratulations Lee Ann, what a precious little boy!! I hope you can see him soon. Your sweet card is so beautiful, I just love that little baby shoe.
Now, your little girl reminds me of my grandkids, running to me with big, fat worms like that to put in the flower beds. I hope your little Cassidy feels better soon.
Thank you so much for sharing.

Bananastamper said...

Congrats to all responsible for that sweetie! Your sister looks so very proud!
I love the card you created for baby and his family - super fun colours!
Looks like Cassidy is enjoying poking around in the dirt, good for her! I see a young naturalist!

laurie said...

Cute! Your whole post is cute! From baby to card to Cassidy!