Thursday, April 16, 2015

CAS Butterfly Work of Art

DSCF9316-001

Happy Thursday, peeps!  Poppin’ in with a quick card today for three challenges!  I guess I have butterflies on the brain, because I used one yesterday as well!  I am keeping my fingers crossed that the Butterfly Framelits will truly be available tomorrow!  We’ll see! 

My challenges today are the Color Throwdown #338:

The Can You Case It #65 clean and simple, two layer challenge:

CYCI#65

and the Retro Rubber brad challenge:

RRBC12

I have been neglecting my top stampers in my WeeInklings downline, so I went to work and actually made four of these in a short time:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Butterfly Work of Art Stampin Up

Technically, I only used one brad, so I hope that counts, but regardless, I had a great time making these and my daughter even said she liked them a lot!  I stamped off some Gorgeous Grunge spatters in Lost Lagoon,Old Olive and Sahara Sand and made a Crumb Cake banner as a base for my butterfly, which was diecut from a Backgrounds Lost Lagoon DSP.  So my brad wouldn’t show on the inside, I cut off the brad’s legs and used glue dots to adhere them.  I also rounded one side of the card with a circle punch.  Finally, since all my downline are fabulous, I used this sentiment from Work of Art:

DSCF9317

Hope they like it!

I’ve been making graduation announcements and had a spool of gold sequins on my (messy) craft counter.  Cassidy just couldn’t help herself; she had to play with them, and they became Rapunzel’s hair:

DSCF9249

And yes, her hair is quite long…..all the way to the floor and then some!  Here is the prince, climbing up her hair:

DSCF9251DSCF9252

I’ll spare you the mushy love scene, but this is what it looked like by the time she was done playing:

DSCF9261

What an imagination!!!  Enjoy your day!

24 comments:

jengd said...

Those sequins never stood a chance! ;) Love the card! I love the use of the grunge on a "dressy," feminine card and the fact that you did a 10min card, banging out the rest probably took no time at all. Yay fast!

jengd said...

Ok. Maybe not feminine (I published that comment before taking a 2nd look) but definitely not "boyish" or masculine. Anywho. Great use of grunge. :)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Gorgeous Grunge is one of the most versatile stamps sets ever!! goes great on any kind of card regardless of the theme. Your card is beautiful and that one brad is perfectly placed.
Now, Rapunzel's hair never look more lovely, what a sweet imagination your little girl has, I bet that your craft room seems like and enchanted place for her.
Thank you for sharing.

Claire Broadwater said...

This is gorgeous, LeAnne! I adore the grunge on this beautiful creation!
Rapunzel looks amazing with her gold sequin hair! I love it! Yes, your little girl is very creative! I love imaginary play! It is the best! XXXX

Unknown said...

LeAnne, this card is gorgeous. A must CASE so I have already pinned it! Love the colors and, of course, that beautiful butterfly. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber this week!!

Eva Bussom said...

LeAnne okay, your card is totally amazing! Thanks so much for joining us at CYCI :) Eva

Andrea Tracy-Tucker said...

Love this card and the use of the brad!!

Bonnie said...

I love this, LeAnne! Wonderful colors!

Jan Clothier said...

I think your card is gorgeous! Clever combination of challenges too.

Claire Grantham said...

This is so gorgeous LeAnne, I am not sure where to start, I think the one brad is totally acceptable, as it is the most stunning brad! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this week. Cx DT

Retired Librarian said...

That delightful child has the best imagination! Seeing her, I know that kids will still make all kinds of things out of an old cardboard box - given the opportunity. Cassidy is the cutest little girl since my granddaughter!

Jen Mitchell said...

Ooooh, I love this!

Lisa Elton said...

I see why you daughter love the cards LeAnne, they're fantastic!! I love them too, that's such a pretty butterfly. Love Rapunzel's golden locks ;)

Unknown said...

Oh Leanne - LOVE this card!

Marisa said...

Fabulous card! Love it!

Tina's Crop Shop said...

What a stunning Card! Absolutely LOVE it!

Carolyn Lindenmayer said...

Love the combination of Gorgeous Grunge with that beautiful butterfly. I also use those Thinlits a lot. Thanks for joining us this week at canyoucaseit.com Carolyn xx

Jane Knudsen said...

LeAnne, this card is STUNNING! I keep going back to look at it. The colors are some of my favorites and I love the grunge! One of my favorite stamp sets ever! One brad absolutely counts especially on that gorgeous butterfly! Thank you for joining (and always supporting us!) at Retro Rubber!!

Debbie Mageed said...

So, so pretty! I am sure that your downline will absolutely love this card! Gorgeous Grunge is always a great background for a bold focal point. I wonder who loves playing with sequins and ribbons more - children or cats! Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber this week.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty card! Love the butterfly with the brad. The splatters look awesome in the background! Cool hair! :) Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

Broni said...

What a beautiful card, LeAnne! That's a great butterfly and I love the splatter effect with the overstamped sentiment! Sequins make perfect princess hair!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Christine Traversa said...

Your card is so creative and lovely! Thanks for doing the challenge!

Lori said...

This is gorgeous! Love how you used the brad on the butterfly die cut. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

Anonymous said...

LeAnne, your card and post are great! Love the scene with Rapunzel ;-) One brad is totally fine :-) I think you creatively used it on the butterfly; I tend to go with a strip of rhinestones or pearls. I appreciate your out of the box thinking with one big beautiful brad!