Tuesday, April 21, 2015

MM155, TSSC361 and KJ220

DSCF9410

Happy Tuesday, peeps!  A real quick post today, it’s errand-running day!  I’ve got a Christmas card for you, for the Merry Monday cat or dog challenge, as well as the Kraft Journal’s Anything Goes – Girlfriends challenge!

I also used the Mary Jo’s Technostamper sketch for this week:

I like cats and dogs, but surprisingly, I don’t have many stamps of either…especially with a Christmas theme!  I did remember this set, Winter is Calling, had a little puppy in it, so I pulled it out and stamped it simply in Real Red, then added some digital DSP, burlap and sequins and mounted it on a Crumb Cake card base:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Winter is Calling Stampin Up Christmas

The “girlfriends” challenge is sort of tongue-in-cheek;  the two girls are obviously friends, so that’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it!!!  Here’s a closeup of my little pup, and you can see the glittery snow, too:

DSCF9409

My sentiment is from Great Greetings, stamped on the banner from the Circle Card thinlet.

I have to confess that I haven’t been doing a lot of stamping lately (which I need to remedy) but I have been knitting up a storm!  I made a poncho for my niece for next fall; she just turned a year last month, so I hope she gets a lot of use from it!  I loved knitting with this wool, it was soft and easy to work with, and now I want to make a sweater of my own with it….if I dare!!!   I have to confess that Dana crocheted the flowers as well as the string tie, as I don’t know how to crochet!! So here it is:

DSCF9372

Enjoy your day!

DSCF9335

(Cassidy got a “new” doll from a yard sale lady….check out the fingers, LOL!)

12 comments:

jengd said...

Lovely card, fabulous poncho, ... VERY "new" doll. ;)

Bonnie said...

Love the red and white polka dots and the puppy that looks like he's supervising the girls! What an adorable poncho! Love those flowers!

Tracey McNeely said...

Wonderful vintage Christmas card LeAnne, love Cassidy's new doll. Cassidy is such a beautiful young lady!

stampwithsandy said...

Love your vintage Christmas card LeAnne, but that beautiful poncho has totally wowed me! I would love to make something to wear for myself but I don't dare, I'm just not that good of a crocheter. You on the other hand are amazing!

Lisa Elton said...

What a sweet Christmas image and I love the red polka dots on kraft!! WOW to the adorable poncho, wish I could do that LOL!! Looks like someone bit those fingers off of that doll haha, but Cassidy could probably care less!!

Susan Joyce said...

Love the combination of colours you used for your card LeAnne, lovely design. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Megan J said...

Hi LeAnne, your card is o-so-cute, your right the little girls look like friends to me too. I adore your layout on this Christmas Card! Have a good one... Megan

~Tammy~ said...

Such a sweet sweet Christmas card! I am so happy you shared it LeAnne in our challenge at The Kraft Journal! I always enjoy seeing your beautiful work!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Leanne, I love the vintage look, so glad you are playing along with us.

Karen Letchworth said...

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing your ADORABLE card in our challenge this week. I just love it. It has a sweet homespun feel to it. I hope you will join us again soon.
Karen
The Kraft Journal

MJ said...

I love that sweet image and it looks absolutely fabulous in the red without being colored. Love the burlap too--perfect touch. Such a great Christmas card! Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge. So sorry it has taken me so long to make it around to leave comments.

Nicole Tugrul said...

Gorgeous card! I love the burlap, really brings out the vintage look with the polka dots! Thanks so much for joining the Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge!