Saturday, April 25, 2015

MTS069

DSCF9455

Happy Saturday, peeps!  I found myself needing another sympathy card this week so I pulled out some beautiful Graphic 45 Botanical Tea papers I have been hoarding, along with the Match The Sketch sketch from this week:

to create my card:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Bible Verse Sympathy Papillion Potpourri

I love how all the patterns on these papers coordinate.  I used my drop-arm cutter to cut the right-hand panel out and flipped it over to the other side, which was a vanilla with a very light mottled tone.  I stamped French Script on it very lightly in Pistachio Pudding, the over-stamped the leaves from Kinda Eclectic in the same ink.  My cutting blade is very dull, so the edges of my panel were sort of distressed, so I sponged them with Sahara Sand before fitting it back into the green panel.  I used a retired Cornish Heritage Farms Bible verse, stamped in Chocolate Chip ink on top:

DSCF9456

I added the large butterfly from Papillion Potpourri, stamped in Chocolate Chip and colored with Pistachio ink atop a couple of circular elements, then I pulled out a stamp I haven’t used in AGES,  Waltzingmouse’s Country Labels 4 and stamped my sentiment from Petite Pairs inside:

DSCF9458

I love this layout as well as these papers, so hopefully I will be using them both again soon!

Baby Mike (yes, I know, he’s either naked or wearing a dress….don’t try to influence a 4YO, they do what they want to do) got some play time outside recently:

DSCF9335-001

DSCF9350

DSCF9354

Enjoy your day!  Be sure to stop back tomorrow for a new Paper Players challenge too! 

5 comments:

Denise Willerton said...

What a beautiful sympathy card LeAnne... Love the panel with French script and layered leaves that you created! Cassidy is so sweet with her dolls..very caring 😊 enjoy your day ((hugs))

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Great color combo. Love the sentiments.

Karren said...

These colors are wonderful together. Beautiful and peaceful sympathy card.

Lisa Elton said...

I like this shade of green with the rich browns, so pretty an earthy!! Wonderful card LeAnne. Love the pics of little mama!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Love, love, love this verse. :) Too bad it's retired. :(
These are the papers and colors you used for my birthday card last year, and I love it. Pulled it out this year to use as a St. Patty's Day decoration. Thank you!

Love all your posts, LeAnne. :)
Your talent never ceases to amaze me.