Monday, April 27, 2015

Believe

DSCF9526

My sweet friend Wendy is hosting the Merry Monday challenge today and I just had to play along!  Here’s the fun challenge:

I pulled out an old faithful Christmas set called Peaceful Wishes and went to work.  I fussy-cut the pine cone which was stamped in Cajun Craze and popped it up after glittering it up with some orange glitter.  I also used some Heat & Stick powder to add orange glitter to a glimmer brad for my sentiment, which is from an older PTI set called Believe.  It was cut out with a Word Bubbles die, with the “hanger” cut off:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Believe in Peaceful Wishes Christmas Stampin Up

This also incorporates the Try Stampin’ on Tuesday sketch:

as well as the Kraft Journal’s challenge to use ribbon or twine.  Here’s mine:

DSCF9524

Any questions, shoot me an email, gotta scoot!

Knitting needles and one of those big horns (Nance, I can’t remember what the name of it is!!!)…..the endless imagination of 4 year olds!

DSCF9498DSCF9501DSCF9503DSCF9504

21 comments:

sarahstone said...

This is beautiful. I love your giant pine cones!

*Vicki* said...

Stunning card and I love what you've done with that sketch. I wasn't going to use it because I couldn't figure out what to do with it!! LOL!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Colleen Dietrich said...

This is BEAUTIFUL, LeAnne! I have and treasure Peaceful Wishes, still. It's a classic.

Wendy said...

Ooooh, what a beauty, LeAnne! Love the sketch and those Cajun Craze pinecones! Super pretty card, my friend! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

Ina G said...

This is fabulous LeAnne. Love the touch of bling to the cones and brad. Really makes it pop. Glad you shared it with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday. Looking forward to seeing more of your work soon.

JoAnn said...

Very pretty card.

Bonnie said...

Wow, LeAnne! You were quick this week! Love the Peaceful Wishes greenery and your pretty, sparkly pinecones! A great rustic Christmas card! Isn't it amazing what children can find to do with things!

Lisa Elton said...

Swoon!! This is PRETTY LeAnne, love that wispy pine. Overtime I see that big horn I laugh!! I can just hear it honking all over your house!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love the orange pinecones, LeAnne - so great with that shade of green behind! Spotted this beauty on Merry Monday!

meg said...

Beautiful card the orange glitter adds great dimension to the cones

Nance Leedy said...

Oh my goodness, this is lovely LeAnne! Love the rustic stamping and the pop of pine cards is beautiful. That big horn is a Vuvuzela--NOT for indoor use, LOL!!

Babette said...

Hi LeAnne,
Thank you for playing along at the Kraft Journal. I love the subtle use of the twine on this beautiful card.

Marcia Hill said...

Love the rustic look to your card and never would have thought of using Cajin Craze for the pinecones, but have to say that I really, really like it! Great card LeAnne! :0)

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Leanne, I love the natural and rustic look of your card. So glad you played along with us :).

KimCreate said...

Great take on the sketch and Merry Monday challenge!

Sand Lee said...

Wow....love your g litter...it just makes the card pop! So glad you played along with us at Try Stamping or Not on Tuesdays! Hope you'll join us again soon! xx Sandi Lee DT

Marie Bingaman said...

Beautiful card LeAnne! :)

Heather said...

Love this - Peaceful Wishes was one of the first stamp sets I ever bought from SU - I love seeing it still out there! This is gorgeous...

Susan Powell said...

SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! Nicely done LeAnne!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!

Irene said...

Gorgeous...there are so many wonderful elements including the ink splatters and the twine!