Sunday, April 12, 2015

Paper Players 240

DSCF9158

Happy Sunday, peeps!  Hope your weekend is going well!  Today, the Paper Players’ hostess is the amazing Joanne, and she is paying homage to some of the beautiful In Colors that will soon be retiring!  I am sad to see them go….these are some of the prettiest we’ve had, but I have to admit that I am excited to see what’s in the wings!  So here we go:



I imagined there might be a few floral designs this week, so I went in a little different direction:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Players 240 So You Collage

I used the sketch from As You See It 082:

AYSIChallenge082

I have been seeing a trend of mixing neutrals, and on my card I used Whisper White, Very Vanilla and Crumb Cake along with the challenge colors.  I started with squares of DSP and matching mats and just sort of decorated them from there:

DSCF9155
DSCF9156

The only stamping is the little sentiment and wee little arrow from So You…I just love that set!  I had a lot of fun creating this!  I’ve shared the recipe at the end of the post.  I hope you will have fun creating with these colors as well!  So fresh and springy!  Here are links to the designers’ creations, or simply check them out at the Paper Players blog!
A couple of weeks ago, I had a wonderful workshop hosted by the amazing Karen.  She is a multi-talented, multi-media artist and has a vast array of creative friends who attended her workshop!  One couple attended and the husband (who didn’t stamp), did this pen & ink watercolor of some of the guests:

11080779_10205537683695466_1014745086600720319_o

Recognize anybody?

11080779_10205537683695466_1014745086600720319_o-002

I have to admit, it was a little strange to recognize myself, even in abstract form!  He was an amazing artist!  And his wife (the blue-haired one), did some stamping and decorated the piece with her images and presented it to Karen!  Such a great idea!  He teaches this style of art and says anyone can do it!  Hah….that’s why I joined SU, because I can’t draw a lick, but I do like to color!

DSCF9100

Enjoy your day!

Wee Project Details
Stamps So You
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Strawberry Slush, Coastal Cabana, Pistachio Pudding and matching Backgrounds DSP
 Ink Crumb Cake
Accessories Linen Thread, Neutral Candy Dot, Pearl
Tools     Big Shot and Dies: SU Flower Fair, Itty Bitty Banners; PTI Love Live Here; Zigzag EF; Small Butterfly Punch, Dimensionals

20 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Oh my your card is gorgeous LeAnne!! I love all of the elements you've added to your design and these are delicious colors for sure! :) Hope to play along!

jengd said...

Great card! I absolutely love the arrow popping out the side and the way the flower and butterfly bridges/connect boxes. And wowzers to that penned piece! He does amazing work!

Linda said...

Wow that drawing is amazing! What a treasure.
Your card is wonderful I love the playful layout and what you did with it.
Happy Sunday!

Unknown said...

Stunning card LeAnne, the image is simple, with so many wonderful details. A truly wonderful card.

Lisa Elton said...

Love the direction you took with your card!! Hope I have time to play this week pretty colors. What an amazing sketch, he's a super talented guy!! I spy some pretty bright eyes on your little Miss Cassidy too ;)

laurie said...

That's a fun sketch, love what you did with it. So cute! So interesting about the class,too. What a great artist.

And what a beautiful pic of Cassidy. Pretty eyes!

Frenchie said...

Hi LeeAnn, well I think you do beautiful no matter what you do, including the Grandma part, lol!!
Just love your card so pretty and neat, love that flower, thanks for sharing everything you do ,
Hugs to both of you 💗

stampwithsandy said...

LeAnne this card is so much fun! I love the sampler style of it, each square with a different pattern or texture, and all the cute adornments. And wow, that sketch is amazing! What a great memory to have of a great workshop!

JoAnn said...

Very pretty card. Love these colors together.

Karren said...

Love, love the layout of this card and the little arrow is such a cute touch! And what an amazing drawing - I so wish I could draw more than stick people :)

Anne Marie Hile said...

I love everything about your card, LeAnne! Fabulous mix of patterned papers and I especially love that little arrow accent. How cool is that drawing? Wow! I would love to learn how to draw…but I think I would probably take “abstract” to a totally different (and unrecognizable) level. I think I will stick to stamping, too! Hugs! :)

Debbie Mageed said...

A card that has all of the elements that I love - layers and texture! Love how you combined the challenges and made one gorgeous card! Very cool drawing! I am right there with ya - I stamp because there is no artist in me!

Karen M said...

I love what you've done here harmonising the colours with the sketch. Very cool card x

Heather Cooper said...

This is great, LeAnne! You've taken the symmetry and really worked with that using all the fabulous little add ons! Love the colours and textures, too! Thanks for adding your design to the gallery at As You See It Challenges this week.

Nance Leedy said...

This little collage of decorated squares is adorable, LeAnne! Such a creative take on the sketch and the colors. Each little square is its own artist canvas and the pen & ink drawing--WOW! What an awesome souvenir of your workshop!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, that drawing of you is priceless! I know you will cherish it! How wonderful!
Your card is so FUN! I love the sketch and your take on it is so creative! Great way to use the great color combo! XXXX

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I just LOVE this card - this is such a clean and modern take on the 'inchie' style card. I have duly pinned it - I am going to have to go case it!!! As for the watercolouring of your workshop - how fantastic is that?! Thanks for rocking my colour challenge this week!

Claire Grantham said...

Love your card LeAnne, I have a thing for little layered squares. Love all the details. That watercolour is amazing, such a cool gift. Cx

Unknown said...

I love this card! Such great inspiration this week at The Paper Players. Leanne - I don't get to recognize and comment enough on how much I admire your work as I subscribe via email and often don't get around to sharing my gasps and ooooohs and aaaawwwhs when I look :)

Unknown said...

I am delighted with the direction you took with your card, LeAnne! Every single detail is PERFECT! And perfectly executed! I can't stop admiring it!! Great job!!