Sunday, April 5, 2015

Paper Players 239

DSCF8999

Happy Easter, everyone!  I hope you will all have a blessed day with your family and friends!  Praise the Lord for the gift He has given us!

Our Paper Players hostess today is Jaydee, and she has a die-cut theme for us!  Not difficult at all!  No one was more thrilled than I was, once I discovered that I could cut CIRCLES without a big fuss—woohoo!

So it was very appropriate that I used SU’s Circle Framelits for my masculine card today:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Players 239 Guy Greetings Adventure Awaits Stampin Up

So much going on here; where do I begin?  First, the sketch is from Jen Timko at Freshly Made Sketches:

That started me on my way!  I had seen a long time ago a post from Amy O’Neill where she used craft paint on Typeset DSP, so in the middle of  an insomnia-filled evening, I got up and tried it….cool technique!  I heat-embossed the big sentiment from Adventure Awaits in black embossing powder….another cool technique, and while I had the powder out, heat-embossed the vintage car image from Guy Greetings.  The embossing made it very easy to color it in with Cajun Craze ink:

DSCF8998

Maybe I should have colored in some of the other areas; hmmm, I’ll work on that!  The rest of the card features a zig-zag diecut of Cajun Craze cardstock; a half-circle of Flashback and mat of Very Vanilla, and although it’s tough to see, the bottom portion is embossed with the Alphabet Press EF.  Candy dots added a little extra pizzazz! 

Hope you’ll find some time to play with the Players this week and show us your best diecuts!  Meanwhile, check out the design team’s creations:

We had an Easter Egg hunt last week; if was SO cold and windy, this is how the men participated:

DSCF6194

But Cassidy had fun!

DSCF8843

DSCF8839

DSCF8836 

DSCF8838

DSCF8840

Enjoy your day!

16 comments:

Judith said...

Great card, LeAnne,. Happy Easter.

Barbara said...

Good Morning LeAnne,
Beautiful card! What type of craft paint did you use over the Typeset DSP?

Happy Easter to you and your family. I follow your blog daily and I must tell you that it brings a smile to my face for two reasons. One, your amazing talent that you use in your cards; and two, the pictures of Cassidy and the cute little stories that I miss now that my daughter is 22.

Thank you for the joy and laughter that you put in my day.
Blessings, Barbara

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Easter blessing to you too LeAnne - I hope you've had a wonderful day. This card is great on so many levels: great guy card combining two of my favourite stamps, love how you made your die use so effortless and great take on the sketch too - I've played around with this loads this week but cannot get it to work for me! Neat painted background too. The egg hunt looked like fun - love the photo of the chaps, so typical lol!!

Linda Callahan said...

This card is terrific! Love the inked background and all the embossing!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh gosh what a fantastic card this is!! Great job with the sketch LeAnne!

Karren said...

Fantastic masculine card, LeAnne! The painted over patterned paper really adds a vintage-y look.

Unknown said...

LeAnne, your card makes me smile!! Wonderful interpretation of the FMS sketch!! And so many beautiful details to look at!! Your fussy cutting of the card is magnificent!! Wonderful card!!

Kristi said...

Lovely card, LeAnne! can you imagine the adventures you would have in a car like that!LOL Looks like Cassidy had a wonderful Easter egg hunt, she's growing so much!

laurie said...

Love that image! Great idea for the sketch,too. Sure looks like a fun egg hunt. Hope you had a wonderful Easter!

Jen Timko said...

Love, love the Easter egg hunt pictures! What fun! Hope your Easter was blessed! Love this card. That car was totally not on my radar but I love it here. Great take on the sketch!

stampwithsandy said...

Awesome guy card, LeAnne! I really love what you did to the background paper. Did you use white craft ink pad refill? I have to give this a try. Love that you can stamp a sentiment on top afterward.

Nance Leedy said...

GREAT card, LeAnne! Such a cool technique with the typeset paper and the big sentiment. Love how the circle die looks like a road--great job with the challenge! Sending you warm ((hugs)) if not warmer weather!

Jaydee said...

This masculine card rocks, LeAnne. You are the only person I know who can make a scalloped edge, doily shape - masculine! I am always so impressed by your ability to go the gamut from vintage to bold to cas and this card is no exception. THanks for rocking my challenge this week.

Oh.... and it looks as though the guys supervising the egg hunt are about to break into a rap dance! Cassidy looks as though she had unbelievable fun!

hugs
jaydee

Sand Lee said...

This is such a fab card! Love it! xx Sandi Lee

Debbie Mageed said...

Such a great guy card! I am going to try the paint on DSP - so cool! Wonderful details with the Big Shot accessories!!

Claire Broadwater said...

Such a fantastic guy card, LeAnne! I have always loved this DSP and the color combo is perfect! The egg hunt looks like it was tons of fun! XXXXX