Saturday, April 4, 2015

AYSI81 and FF 61 for Easter

DSCF9007

Happy Saturday, everyone!  We have a busy day—we are headed to the circus in Baltimore!  So I made a few last-minute Easter cards yesterday for my small group members using the As You See It sketch for this week:

AYSIChallenge081

as well as the colors from the Fab Friday challenge:

I recently found a lovely blog called The Paper Caper, and Jess had a tutorial for making a little diecut cross using the Little Letters dies.  You can see it here.  I used her idea, but I used the smaller Chalk Talk die and backed the cross with SU’s Gold Foil:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Gold Cross Easter Card Stampin Up

I made five of these, using pastel shades for the die and flowers; I used images from Kinda Eclectic, Summer Silhouettes, Bordering Blooms and some of them had Gorgeous Grunge as well.

DSCF9008

I did some heat embossing in gold, using the Easter sentiment from the retired set, Delightful Dozen:

DSCF9009

I used the sunburst from Kinda Eclectic on the inside as well, along with a sentiment from God Bless II:

DSCF9010

We did some egg-dying on Thursday, but first she had to peel one of the cracked ones:

DSCF8960

DSCF8963

DSCF8966

DSCF8967

and of course, she had to try to dye her peeled egg as well, LOL!

DSCF8961

Be sure to come back tomorrow for our next Paper Players challenge!

16 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Gorgeous card LeAnne! Clever use of the little letters Thinlits but I love how you incorporated it into your card. Cassidy's eggs look good too, all except the last one lol! Enjoy the circus - I haven't been to one in years!

Bananastamper said...

Beautiful Easter cards LeAnne!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Shanna :)

Judith said...

LeAnn, beautiful card today and yesterday and everyday!!! Always love the pictures of Cassidy. Fun fun fun. Have a happy Easter.

stampwithsandy said...

I agree, just gorgeous! I love the sunburst behind the cross, and the beautiful sentiment inside.

Mrs. O said...

I love following your blog and all of the activities of Cassidy. Your Easter card is beautiful.. It's so bright and full of spring. Cassidy did a wonderful job coloring eggs. I like the peeled egg that is colored.... would be great for deviled eggs!

Kristie Goulet said...

Very pretty card, LeAnne! Have fun at the circus and have a very Happy Easter!

Linda said...

Beautiful Card LeAnne! Happy Easter!
And those eggs are so so pretty.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Enjoy your day at the Circus.
Happy Easter.

Bonnie said...

Beautiful Easter cards, LeAnne! Pretty eggs too! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter!

Nancy said...

Adorable and your granddaughter is growing up quickly, she's adorable.

Kay said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for all your cards.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I love your cards! Thanks for the shout out :)

Darlene Gabriel said...

Such beautiful Easter cards LeAnne. I love the little die cut cross and the gold foil backing. Your choice of stamps and the placement of them is perfect.
Looks like a fun egg colouring session;)

jengd said...

Lovely card and fun eggs! Great bunny! Apparently we just missed you. We were up north the past few days and in Baltimore yesterday and hit the Aquarium and Oriole Park. Small world. :)

Lisa Elton said...

I almost missed this card LeAnne, but I'm so glad I didn't...it's gorgeous!! In fact I think it's my new fave from you!!

Heather Cooper said...

Beautiful, LeAnne! I love the sense of joy in your card! And those are some pretty fancy eggs!