Thursday, October 3, 2013

STR186 & STS5

DSCF8355

Happy Thursday, peeps! I am continuing on my vintage Halloween theme, this time using a digital image of an old Halloween postcard.  I used the Seize the Sketch from this week:



as well as the challenge 186 from the Shabby Tea Room, which requires a pumpkin, burlap and twine!  So here we go:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings STR #186 STS#5 Vintage Halloween

I am in love with this fetching little black cat….and the quartet of jack-o-lanterns as well!  I turned the sketch a quarter turn to make it fit my image.   I stamped the background of my Early Espresso card with a cheesecloth stamp in white craft ink, and added a little burlap banner accented with a piece of pumpkin pie cardstock that I distressed, then separated so that it has a suede look to it.  I added a little distressing, a cool brad, some twine and a few Tim Holtz stickers:

DSCF8357

Isn’t he a handsome guy….and check out the message on the postcard:

DSCF8358

And sticking with the cat theme, here’s the inside:

DSCF8359

Love this vintage look!

Speaking of cats, Cassidy told me today she was calling “heaven” on her toy cell phone:

DSCF8299-001

I said “Heaven?  Who are you going to talk to in heaven?”  She said “Pumpkin!”  You may remember that Pumpkin was my 18-year old kitty that we lost about a year ago!  I almost cried!  The things this child thinks of!
DSCF8309

Enjoy your day!

Wee Project Details
Stamps Cheesecloth (ret CHF); Halloween (Recollections) Black Cat & Pumpkin (100 Proof Press)
Card stock & Papers     Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie, Confetti Cream
 Ink Craft White, Early Espresso, Smoky Slate
Accessories Burlap, Adhesive Sheet, Twine, Brad, Tim Holtz stickers, Digital Postcards (Luna Girl)
Tools     1/8" Circle Punch

8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Great vintage image LeAnne and you used the sketch well! But my favorite part is the image on the inside, so cute!! I hope Cassidy and Pumpkin had a nice chat ;)

Bev Gomez said...

Oh LeAnne, I love your card and wowza you should win those sketch challenges but I might try to play along. You pulled a heart string with Cassidy calling Heaven. So sweet.

Shirley Pumpkin said...

I just love vintage black cats and pumpkins. Great Spooky card LeAnne!

jengd said...

Love the cheesecloth stamp and the burlap ribbon on this! And yes, it is amazing what the little ones pull out - I frequently wonder where they come up with some of what they say.

Rose said...

love how you flipped the sketch to work with that awesome image!!! :)
Thanks for joining us on Seize the Sketch

Tina M said...

Ohh my goodness..what a great card! I love everything about it! You vintage postcard is to die for :) Thanks so much for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room!!

~amy~ said...

Your vintage halloween card is adorable! Love what you've done. Having the sketch rotated is awesome!

Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

-Aneta- said...

LeAnne ...fantastic card ! I love this vintage look :)Thank you for joining TSTR challenge :) xoxo Aneta