Wednesday, October 2, 2013

MIM 140

DSCF8293

Happy Wednesday, everyone!  Just a little Halloween card today, based on the sketch from The Kraft Journal this week. Here’s the sketch:



I hadn’t done anything vintagey for a while, so I pulled out a couple of stamp sets and went to work!

DSCF8292

I colored my image with SU markers; the mat and stars are pieces of black cardstock covered with SU’s Adhesive Sheets and sprinkled with the black glitter from the Holiday mini!  Love it! The owl's eyes are also sparkly, which you can see in the photo.   I also added some glitter to the stars on the stamped image:

DSCF8294

The striped panel was brayered with Crumb Cake ink so as not to be so bright and to keep with the krafty look of my card!

DSCF8295

And here’s the inside:

DSCF8297

Our leaves haven’t quite begun to turn colors, but they are falling and Cassidy was quite excited to see them on the ground!

DSCF8265

Last year, she had to ring the wind chimes with a stick….this year she can reach up and touch them!

DSCF8277
DSCF8272

Have a super day!

Wee Project Details
Stamps Halloween Set 1 (Rubbernecker); Vintage Halloween (Graphic 45)
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Naturals Ivory, Adhesive Sheets,  Mischievous (MME)
 Ink Stazon Black, Crumb Cake
Accessories Black Glitter
Tools     Tangerine Tango, Crumb Cake, Smoky Slate and Sahara Sand Markers, Merry Minis Punch Pack, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Itty Bitty Banners Dies, Big Shot, Circle Nesties, Sponges, Dimensionals

13 comments:

Kristi said...

LeAnne,
This is the cutest Halloween card I've seen this year! So cute!♥

Bev Gomez said...

okay Glitter Girl. What a great idea to have the sticker sheets for the glitter. I have glitter because no doubt when I get it out I have to sneeze and it goes all over. LOL! Just kidding I just don't like it. It does come out pretty though. Darling card and we sure can tell how Cassidy is growing up. Going to a museum to see Diana's dresses today. Have a good one.

Linda Callahan said...

Love this sweet vintage-y card! It's a great image!

Shelley said...

Love the vintage vibe with this one! You really do a nice job with all the different cards styles.

Lisa Elton said...

Your pretty little witch reminds me of Bewitched!! Pretty vintagey card LeAnne! I wonder what Cassidy's thoughts will be on snow this year!!

♥Jan♥ said...

What a great style you have !! A perfect mix of the scary and the sweet. Thanks for joining us at the Kraft Journal this week !

Linda said...

Fun Fun card! I love the vintage image!

jengd said...

You just know I had to comment on this one! LOL! Great card- love the cape and fabulous use of glitter!

Frenchie said...

Ooh my , you out did your self !! Love it ....
And Cassady , oh no she's growing too fast ,
Love her collection of leaves !!!
Have a nice rest of the week ,
Hugs to both of you !!!
Frenchie ,

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi, Leanne! This is great. Thanks so much for sharing in our Sketch Challenge this week.
Karen
The Kraft Journal

Kara said...

spooky!! love the glitter!

jessica said...

I just LOVE your card! Great take on the sketch!!
Thanks for sharing and playing along with us over at The Kraft Journal! We have a new challenge that begins tomorrow, hope to see you join in :)
Jessica
TKJ~DT

jengd said...

Congrats on your Kraft Outlet win with this!