Thursday, October 17, 2013

A Plethora of Fall Cards

DSCF8689-001

Happy Thursday, peeps!  I had a little time to stamp this week, although a bout of insomnia is really ruining my crafty time!  Not sure what is going on…I either can’t fall asleep, or fall asleep, wake up and can’t go back to sleep!  Anyway, my craft counter is a MESS….there are fall stamps everywhere, Christmas stamps everywhere, cards everywhere….I really need a non-stamping day to get organized!  Anyway, I have been waiting all year to use this little W+9 Pretty Patches Pumpkin set, and I thought this would be good for the CASology 66 this week, which is pumpkins!

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Pretty Patches Pumpkin CASology 66

I already had the gingham square laying on my desk from something else, so I just diecut and stamped the images and layered them on top:

DSCF8691

The sentiment in the set is so pretty, I had to use it on the inside as well:

DSCF8692

Here’s another card, this one uses stamps from a new-to-me company called Creative Time; this one uses the ColourQ colors from this week as well as some images from a Halloween Recollections set:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Halloween Creative Time

DSCF8695

and finally, a Thanksgiving card, again using the same Creative Time set (it’s called Just For You) and the Retrosketches sketch for this week:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Thanksgiving Creative Time Retro Sketches 85

The leaf is from Waltzingmouse.

Cassidy is becoming quite a good helper in the kitchen, although she always wants to use utensils that aren’t quite age-appropriate!  I did let her use a plastic lettuce-cutting knife while I supervised; she actually did very well and contributed to the salad for that night’s dinner!

DSCF8635

DSCF8637

DSCF8638

Thanks for peeking in today!  If you have any questions, please pop me an email!

21 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

SUPER DUPER cards LeAnne! Love your sweet gingham pumpkin, trimmed out spooky sentiment words and your fabby ribbon treatment on the final card!

I have to admit me eyes got WIDE when I saw the 1st photo of Cassidy!!! Then I read it was plastic. I thought the insomnia had gotten the best of you LOL!!!

Kara said...

adorable cards! love those cut out/ popped up sentiments!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Oh my, look at what a grown-up girl! Good job, Cassidy!

Darling cards, LeAnne... love how you used the Retro Sketch, especially!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow you have been busy! Sweet fall cards! Cassidy looks so grown up helping in the kitchen!

stampwithsandy said...

Wow you have been one busy little stamper! Really love the colors, layers and patterns on the Thanksgiving card and the gingham on the pumpkin card. Eek! That's a big knife for a little girl! I was relieved to read it was plastic, LOL!

Ilene B. said...

Great cards as usual! I love your style! Glad you clarified the "plastic" knife as the first pic is "wicked"!! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

LeAnne love your cards, all so fabulous! I need to get that WPlus9 set now that you have enabled! ;) Cassidy looks so comfortable in the kitchen, never to young to start learning!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Whoa, I was a little worried when I first saw that knife;) --- she sure growing up isn't she?
Your Pumpkin and Thanksgiving cards are so pretty. I sure like the patchwork pumpkin and heart. I agree that is a great sentiment. I love the DPs you used on the Thanksgiving card and the collage of sentiments is wonderful.

Frenchie said...

Oo my my our little chef ........she's so Darn cute !!
LeeAnn and your card is so cute also , love it !!
Hugs frenchie ,

Ardyth said...

Love the folk feel of the gingham pumpkin! And what a sweet little salad maker you've got! That's the perfect thing to start her on - I'm sure she was quite happy to eat it after she made it! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

Carol L said...

Great cards for Autumn, I especially like the heart on the pumpkin in #1! Great pics of Cassidy, especially the face paint from yesterday! Oh my, what a beautiful child!
You described the insomnia I experienced when my dr prescribed statin drugs! I won't ever take them again! I felt like a train wreck all the time!

Marybeth said...

You sound like me with the sleeping ! At least you are putting your awake time to good use with the wonderful cards!
I have to admit the picture if Cassidy with the knife made me take a double look! She is growing up way to fast ...just like mine.

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love these cards! And , shhhhhhhhh don't tell, I ravage my craft station to a wild mess....I love the Wplus 9 set and what you have done! All of your creations a so wonderful!!
The green on the skull card, AWESOME!

Love your glimpse of life, your little helper is quite the chef, my boy (11) Loves helping in the kitchen!!

Thanks so much for joining us in the FUN at CASology this week!

Patricia said...

I think you were out to give us all a fright for Halloween with that first knife picture. It worked!
What great cards! I so look forward to your posts and your5 wonderful cards! Thanks for all you share.

Patti said...

What a great collection of fall cards - certainly worth the work. Cassidy is not only a craft little lady but becoming a chef too. So adorable.

Judy1223 said...

I adore that WPlus9 pumpkin image...especially with the gingham frame! So glad you joined us at CASology!

Katie Melhus said...

Love the autumn papers, they really bring all the cards together nicely. And what an adorable kitchen assistant! Great take on this week's (Retro) sketch! -Katie :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a lovely set of cards LeAnne. Especially love the last one with the fall leaf stamped behind the words. She is just a little busy bee. :)

Jen W. said...

Clean, crisp and gorgeous bright colours! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Gillian R said...

beautiful cards, love your pumpking card, just perfect. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

Bananastamper said...

Fabulous cards but I must admit I am very partial to that adorable gingham pumpkin - LOVE It!
Shanna :)