Sunday, October 20, 2013

Paper Players 168

DSCF8726

Howdy, partners!  Today’s Paper Players challenge is brought to you by me!  And here it is:

pp168

Yep, a CAS masculine birthday challenge!  I have several birthdays coming up, so this will help me get started!  I chose a Baked Brown Sugar base and added a stitched mat diecut from some Cosmo Cricket Wanted paper:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Players 168 CAS Masculine Birthday

I just love those little cowboys bustin’ broncs on that paper!  I added a sentiment from a retired SU set called Afterthoughts, along with a diecut cowboy boot and a banner from SU’s burlap trim:

DSCF8727

One little brad is my only other embellishment!  Sometimes it takes discipline not to add a bunch of other stuff to one’s card, right?! 

Now, let’s see what you can come up with for this challenge—we all need masculine cards, so let this be your starting point!  Share it with us and be sure to check out the other designers’ creations as well:
DH is slowly working on his garage…and Cassidy turned it into her own little playroom; she made a (wooden) cake and put it in the “oven”:

DSCF8669
DSCF8674

Then she took it out and laid it on the “counter”:

DSCF8672DSCF8679

And served a piece to Grampy!

DSCF8680

Yum!  The power of imagination!  Enjoy your day!
    Wee Project Details
    StampsAfterthoughts (ret SU)
    Card stock & Papers    Baked Brown Sugar, Early Espresso,  Cosmo Cricket Wanted DP
     InkEarly Espresso
    AccessoriesBurlap Ribbon, Brad
    Tools    Big Shot, Lil Inker Stitched Mat Die, My Favorite Things Cowboy Boot Die, Dimensionals

12 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Fantastic masculine card and love that CC paper you used. It was one of my favorite collections awhile back.

Bev Gomez said...

Handsome card LeAnne. I love the boot too. That paper is darling too. Have a great day. Still putting things away.

Brenda in IN said...

Great man card. The die cut boot and burlap on that background paper is perfect. I love her imagination. It's so nice to see a child actually play and think for herself. She is so cute!

*Vicki* said...

Really LOVE your masculine design LeAnne! I am always in need of these...so I don't think it will be a problem to play along! :)

Nance Leedy said...

Yeehaw, this is one fabulous CAS masculine card LeAnne! Paper, boot and burlap it all fits together like chili 'n' beans! Great challenge!

Mikki said...

Wow!! Terrific masculine CAS card and love that little cowboy boot. Also, your granddaughter looks adorable helping grandpa.

Patti said...

Absolutely perfect guy card. That little boot is terrific.

Lisa Elton said...

Eeeek I just love this cowboy paper, sorta hoard mine! GREAT guy card. Love the pics of your little baker ;)

stampwithsandy said...

What a great western themed card! Love the patterned paper, the adorable boot and the burlap, and they all work perfectly together!

Bananastamper said...

Oh, I love this!

Sian Ridley said...

This card is gorgeous! If a masculine card can be gorgeous...?! Well, this one is anyway! It's really hard not to stick a bunch of pearls or something on a male card isn't it, I don't feel like it's finished until it's got a rhinestone! This looks perfectly complete though :)

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely adorable, LeAnne! I LOVE this DSP!