Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Orange Thankful Thoughts

DSCF8642

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  Hope your week is good so far!  Today’s card makes me so happy!  It’s for two challenges:  The Shabby Tea Room has a beautiful fall inspiration challenge of a fall theme, pumpkins and a stamped sentiment:



and Linda’s Catered Crop challenge is ORANGE!  Growing up, my favorite color was orange.  I remember an orange dress that I made in high school, and if you look in my yearbook, under “likes”, orange is listed as my favorite color!  SO, I jumped on these challenges!  I pulled out a retired SU set that I have always loved, I think it’s called Thoroughly Thankful and my aquapainter and went to work:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings STR188 Orange Thankful Thoughts

I found some older Basic Grey paper and did some wonky stitching on it, then mounted my watercolored image on top, adding my sentiment in Cajun Craze at the bottom.  I used Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango, More Mustard and Cajun Craze for my images, and the little shadows are Crumb Cake. 

DSCF8641

I also found some pretty patterned paper but I couldn’t make it work on the front, so I added it to the inside, along with my framed sentiment:

DSCF8643

Isn’t this a sweet sentiment?  And speaking of pumpkins, check out my wee pumpkin:

1378038_10152258120932646_827971786_n

Her first face painting at a local orchard!  Enjoy your day!

Wee Project Details
Stamps Thoroughly Thankful (ret SU)
Card stock & Papers     Watercolor Paper, Crumb Cake, Basic Grey DP
 Ink Black Stazon, Cajun Craze, Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard, Crumb Cake
Accessories Button, Burlap Ribbon
Tools     Sewing Machine, Dimensionals, Aquapainter, Big Shot, Apothecary Accents Die, Sponge Dauber

25 comments:

Linda said...

I love this card LeAnne! You're coloring is perfection!!! What a great image - just love it!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Gorgeous card! So you colored with your reinkers? Orange never was a color I liked but in the last year it has moved up to like my 3rd favorite color. It is Micah's favorite color.

Bev Gomez said...

Good morning GF. I just logged in and saw this card. LOVE IT! Gosh I can't wait to sit and stamp again and get my area set up just right. I have a lot to do but wanted to comment. TFS! Have a great day! Hugs, Bev

Linda McClain said...

Oh, I remember this set - it was one of my favorites, but I've never seen it worked as beautifully as this. This is beyond stunning! I love it.

stampwithsandy said...

Oh I love this stamp set LeAnne and what a beautiful card you made with it! I haven't been a big fan of most of the newer autumn stamp sets and I wish they would bring back something more traditional like this.

Bonnie said...

How pretty! I love all that orange and you've watercolored it beautifully!

stampwithsandy said...

Oh PS I love your stitching, too! Someday I'll have to dust off my sewing machine and give that a try!

mudmaven said...

Total stunner LeAnne! I always loved that set too. Just gorgeous. Love the little pumpkin too - how adorable! Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. Still not back in my office after the flooding - yuck. DH is home though and plugging away at all the home tasks that went by the wayside while he was seaside. ~chris

Tammy Hershberger said...

Ooooh, I hadn't checked out Linda's latest challenge yet, but I'm definitely going to play... I <3 orange! Your card is fab, LeAnne... love the layout and the watercoloring is fantastic!

And I just wanna' smooch that cute little punkin' cheek!

Lisa Elton said...

Fabulous fall card LeAnne! Lovin all those pumpkins and your water coloring! Cassidy is too cute for her own good ;)

Tina M said...

Where do I start??? The stamp is simply yummy and then there's your coloring, ribbon treatment, stitching...WOW! And the layout is adorable too...Guess you've figured out that I just love everything about this little cutie :)

Thanks so much for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room!

Shelley said...

From one orange lover to another...great card. Your coloring with shading is just fabulous!

Darlene Gabriel said...

She is the sweetest pumpkin of all. Your card is really pretty. I love your stitching and the addition of the burlap ribbon. You got your fill of orange didn't you? I can imagine how much fun you had making this.

Brenda in IN said...

Love the stamp, love the color and love that little pumpkin on her face. Glad she is letting you take pictures again!

Linda said...

Adorable card! It will work for the Raisin Boat challenge this month. It hasn't gone live yet but will soon, I hope.

Lee Ann Barrett said...

LeAnne, love your festive fall card! The wonky stitching is the perfect detail on your card!

Amy O said...

I love this card, LeAnne! Your coloring is beautiful -- especially the shading around the borders. Orange is one of my favorite colors too, and that has passed on to my two girls. My eight year-old wants to paint her room orange. Yikes!!

Kara said...

love your coloring on this pumpkin image!

Linda Callahan said...

This is gorgeous! You a amazing with those aqua painters!
I can't make them work!

-Aneta- said...

Amazing colouring and such a sweet pumpkin card :) Thank you for joining TSTR challenge :) xoxo Aneta

Debbie said...

OMG .. the cute, cute pumpkins -- the stamped ones and the REAL one too! Thanks for sharing with us at The Shabby Tea Room this week :)

Lesley said...

Amazing card as always, LeAnne. Love the warm, rich colours you used. Thank you for joining the Shabby Tea Room challenge!

Kim S said...

Gorgeous! Beautifully "orange" - such depth of shading in each pumpkin and leaf and even in the background! Congrats on the shout out at Catered Crop!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Woohooo, congrats to you, too!!! :) So happy to share this with you, my friend!

Sally said...

Such neat work! This is what I want to learn how to do....watercoloring the way you did this~ I think it would be fun~ :)