Sunday, October 13, 2013

Paper Players 167

DSCF8555

Happy Sunday, peeps!  Hope you’re having a great weekend!  Jaydee has a lovely BLUE inspiration for us this week!


Blue is my favorite color, especially these shades, but I was really stumped as to what to make this week!  I think my mind is on fall shades!  I pulled out a set from last year (that I was VERY sad to not see in this year’s catty), Perfectly Preserved.  It has a lot of nice fall images, but it also has a pretty floral image, so I used it for my card today:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Players 167 Perfectly Preserved

I stamped the jar in Versamark and Midnight Muse, then embossed it with clear embossing powder so that I could easily add the “water” inside without bleeding.  I used watercolor paper so the ink flowed easily.  I stamped some florals in the challenge colors (and I added Pistachio Pudding stems….I hope Jaydee doesn’t kick me out!), and then a sweet sentiment from Petite Pairs. 

DSCF8557

I always need sympathy cards, so I am trying to get ahead!

DSCF8556

Hope you can find some inspiration from these colors---and share your creation with us at the Paper Players blog!  Can’t wait to see it!  And check out what the other designers created as well:
DSCF8409

Enjoy your day!

Wee Project Details
Stamps Perfectly Preserved (ret), Petite Pairs
Card stock & Papers    Midnight Muse, Pool Party, Watercolor (non-SU)
Ink Midnight Muse, Pool Party, Versamark, Pistachio Pudding
Accessories Candy Dots, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter
Tools    Big Shot, Aquapainter, Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Dimensionals, Stitched Mat Die (Lil Inker)

18 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

This is so gorgeous, LeAnn! I love those pretty flowers on the watercolor paper and the bit of sparkle!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Oh how pretty! Such a lovely card.

Linda Callahan said...

I love this! Why oh why did they retire that jar!?! And I love the flowers lying down.......sweet!

Linda said...

BEEEAUTIFUL! Card and Granddaughter!

Kara said...

such a gorgeous jar of flowers!

Bonnie said...

This jumps out of the gallery at Paper Players! So pretty!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love how you have used the colors.

stampwithsandy said...

LeAnne I had to come back and take another look at this post to see how you did the piercing, and I see in my haste to compliment your creation the first time I spelled your name wrong. A thousand pardons :)

Bananastamper said...

Such a pretty sympathy card. I agree, always a good idea to have a few on hand. The stitched look around the outside is a very nice touch.
Shanna :)

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful,LeAnne! It will surely bring comfort to whomever receives it. I love the water within the jar.

Lisa Elton said...

How pretty!! Love the flowers and the bit of sparkle!!

Basement Stamper said...

gorgeous colors, I love that floral set.

Amy O said...

Gorgeous, LeAnne! I love the soft and pretty blues, and the little touch of glitter is such a pretty touch.

Nance Leedy said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! I couldn't think of anything other than Christmas but this is perfect! Love the jar and the wildflowers--why DID they retire that jar?! Love it!

Shelley said...

How sweet! The extra touches on the water are just great!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Trying to catch up here after a busy but wonderful Thanksgiving weekend spent with family and friends.
This card is so pretty (you know how I love blue too). I love the dazzling diamonds on the water. This is a great sympathy card.

Christina said...

What a gorgeous jar of flowers! Wow, I just love the glitter accents and your color choices. Lovely stamping, LeAnne!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, this is gorgeous. I love the water effect in the jar and the little bit of shimmer. Absolutely fabulous, my friend
Hugs
Jaydee