Thursday, October 24, 2013

FMS109 & MIM143

DSCF8818

Happy Thursday, peeps!  Brrrrr!  It is feeling more like November than October this week here in SE PA!  I am not quite ready for this, but it is definitely getting me in the spirit of the season!  And speaking of the season, check out this sweet inspiration for the color challenge at The Kraft Journal this week:



And here we go:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Stampin Up Truly Grateful

I wanted to make a card for a couple of my new recruits, and this Truly Grateful set seemed appropriate!  I used the Freshly Made Sketches sketch #109 as well:

I stamped my wheat image in Stazon, then used ink and my aquapainter to color it in, then fussy-cut it and popped it up.  I added some banners and a little linen bow.  The orange banner is made from a strip of Pumpkin Pie cardstock that was distressed with a bone folder, then separated and sponged with PP ink:

DSCF8819

I would never have thought to put these colors together, but I just love them!

Cassidy is finally learning to ride a 3-wheeler, and athough it was chilly yesterday, it was still was nice enough to take a ride in Grampy’s garage…and of course, an Oreo makes the ride even better!

DSCF8795
DSCF8797
And off she goes!

DSCF8811

Enjoy your day!

Wee Project Details
Stamps Truly Grateful, Gorgeous Grunge, Woodgrain Background
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Island Indigo, Very Vanilla
 Ink Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Island Indigo
Accessories Candy Dots, Natural Trim, Linen Thread
Tools     Big Shot, Circle Card Thinlet (banner die), Aquapainter, Sponge Daubers, Dimensionals

16 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

I love the bright colors you used. This is a really nice stamp set. Cassidy looks so much older in this picture. Maybe because she's driving now!

Lisa Elton said...

Wow that wheat is pretty LeAnne, wonderful card! Oreos make everyhing better LOL!!! Cassidy looks so sweet, she always has the cutest clothes!

Tanya said...

Such a lovely card! Great colors too!

Kara said...

love that blue!

Joyce said...

What a super take on the photo and also the sketch. And, you gotta love that cutie on her little bike.

Karen Letchworth said...

This is SUCH a perfect card for our Color Challenge this week. Thanks for sharing with us, and have a blessed week.
Karen
The Kraft Journal

Bonnie said...

Wow! Love these colors! That Pumpkin Pie banner is wonderful! Gotta remember that trick.

Jen Mitchell said...

Goodness these colors look fabulous together! And I love how you tied the sheaf of wheat with some linen thread!

Kristi said...

This is lovely, LeAnne! I love your take on the color challenge!Thanks for joining us at The Kraft Journal this week!♥

Linda Suarez said...

I love the bold colors and I really love how you colored the image. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Amy O said...

Gorgeous card, LeAnne! What great colors and I love all of the stamped textures you've used. Love this!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow love these colors and love Cassidy on that bike!

Rita W said...

Fabulous!!!!! I'm just amazed at how well those colors look together; I would have never thought to put a blue in there. Just wow, wow, WOW!

(Now I want an Oreo...)

♥Jan♥ said...

I am soooo loving this card,LeAnne ! The blue is such a unique color with a fall theme, and fits our challenge this week at The Kraft Journal. We will be featuring this next Friday, Nov 8th, in our Feature Me Friday post !! You are once again a Featured Artist with us !!! Hugs - Jan

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Congrats on your top three at the Kraft Journal! Your card is a stunner!

Chana Malkah said...

Congratulations on your top three at the Kraft Journal!
Your design is just beautiful. That wheat bundle is such an amazing design element. It is the little details like this that make CAS design so visually powerful!
Blue, orange and Kraft is one of my favorite color combos.
Hugz,
Chana