Monday, October 14, 2013

Merry Monday 79

DSCF8521

Happy Monday, peeps!  Lesley has a lovely inspiration  for all you Merry Monday stampers:



I just loved those little blue iced snowflake cookies, so I pulled out a retired SU set called Snow Flurries, and went to work:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Merry Monday 79 Snowflake Christmas Tree

I stamped an assortment of snowflakes in Encore Silver ink, then punched them out with a 1/2” circle punch.  The images actually fit inside a 3/4” punch, but I found they were too big to make my tree, so I went down to a smaller size.  I added some Marina Mist and Silver Glimmer circles as well:

DSCF8522

I added a glimmer star and trunk, and my little snowy tree was done.  To finish it off, I added a sentiment stamped in silver as well.  This was a really fun card to make!  Here’s the inside:

DSCF8524

Both sentiments are from Waltzingmouse’s Compliments of the Season.  Enjoy!

DSCF8559

My little Halloween kitty cat!

Wee Project Details
Stamps Snow Flurries (ret SU); Compliments of the Season (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
Card stock & Papers     Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, Whisper White, Silver Glimmer Paper
 Ink Encore Silver, Marina Mist
Accessories Rhinestones
Tools     1/2" Circle Punch, Star Punch from Merry Minis Punch Pack,  Dimensionals

20 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh I love Lesley's inspiration pic LeAnne - thanks for sharing as I'd love to join in! Your beautiful Christmas tree is very clever put together with all those punched snowflakes.

Kara said...

Adorable tree!!!

stampwithsandy said...

What a fun tree, LeAnne! Love all those cut punched circles. Cassidy is pretty darn cute, too. Love the ears!

JoAnn said...

Love how you made the Christmas tree. Very pretty card.

Linda said...

Very clever card LeAnne.

Wendy said...

Oh how clever, LeAnne! Love your pretty snowflake tree and all the shimmer & sparkle! Too cute! :)

Lisa Elton said...

Such a great tree LeAnne! Love that you popped up the glittered circles.
That's just about the cutest Halloween kitty I've seen yet!

Scrappy Géri said...

Oh!!! This is adorable!!!! And such a great idea!!! Wow ;)

Loll said...

Hi LeAnne. Such a fun holiday card. Love the design with all the different snowflake stamped circles. The random popped up ones add even more dimension and fun - fabulous design. Loll xx

Julia Aston said...

Love your inspired tree LeAnne! how pretty in the blue and silver! and cute little kittie!

Bonnie said...

What a delightful snowflake tree, LeAnne! I love how you've popped up some of the circles! I've gotta try this!

Karren said...

What a fun card, LeAnne! Love how you've made your Christmas tree! I've got that set somewhere here - maybe I should pull it out and give it some love :)

Lesley said...

This is so cool, LeAnne. Love the design and your imagination! I never would have thought of this and I love it!!!

Karen Davis said...

I love your approach to this challenge LeAnne, so original and so effective.Such a wonderful Christmas tree card.

Shelley said...

You clever, clever woman! Great way to rock this challenge!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Pretty tree and a very creative idea to make it with circles. I like the way you've popped up the glittery ones.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful creative tree! Love it!

Susan Joyce said...

Love your delightful snowflake tree LeAnne, very cute!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a lovely tree made out of those little snowflakes circles - thanks for sharing.

Notes by Nina said...

Very nice card LeAnne, I love how you created the tree with the snowflake circles.